Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

/boot.dol

Posted by askhim 
/boot.dol
February 21, 2010 05:05AM
Im trying to homebrew on my wii...and on the first step I got a message saying /boot.dol could not be opened. How do I know why or whatelse should I do? Thanks for the help
Re: /boot.dol
February 21, 2010 05:21AM
Are you using the latest version of bannerbomb? What is your system menu version? Are you using the hackmii installer?
February 21, 2010 05:34AM
My version is 4.1 I seen there were two different one and I did get the right one. And yes I am using hackmii installer once put the card in the system and I click yes then a message comes up saying the following "/boot.dol could not be opened"
February 21, 2010 06:13AM
Are you using the latest version of the hackmii installer?
[bootmii.org]
February 21, 2010 06:32AM
Yep that is where I got it from
February 21, 2010 04:38PM
You need a file named boot.dol on the root of your SD Card.
February 21, 2010 09:44PM
Arikado
You need a file named boot.dol on the root of your SD Card.
or boot.elf
February 22, 2010 04:02PM
I have done what was said and im still getting the error message. I will do a step by step

First I went to HBC/BootMii/Hackmii Installer - Official Site I clicked on HackMii Installer v0.6 and downloaded that to my winzip. Then I unziped it to my sd and named it boot.dol. Then I turned on the wii. In the bottom left I clicked on the word wii. Then Data Management then channels then the tab on top that says SD Card and I get a message that says Nothing in insearted in the SD card slot. I then put in the SD card into the slot and I get a message that says Load boot.dol/elf? I click on yes and I get a message that says /boot.dol could not be opened.
February 22, 2010 06:42PM
I'm assuming you put the bannerbomb private folder on the root of your SD card also?
February 22, 2010 07:02PM
WaxyPumpkin72
I'm assuming you put the bannerbomb private folder on the root of your SD card also?

I don't think he would be getting the "Load boot.dol" prompt if that part was messed up.

askhim
Then I unziped it to my sd and named it boot.dol.

what exactly did you rename to boot.dol?
February 22, 2010 07:32PM
it's supposed to be boot.elf
February 22, 2010 08:33PM
Somewhere in the Hackmii Installer folder is a file called boot.elf. Simply move the boot.elf file to the root of your SD card. You don't need to rename anything. Also, delete anything on the root of your SD card called boot.elf or boot.dol.

Bannerbomb is obviously working fine; it is not the problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 08:37PM by jbc007.
February 22, 2010 10:32PM
Ok I got pass one point. I tryed a different SD cards and it worked. Now im hung up on another thing. Im on step 9 and it says 9. Run HBC press HOME and select Bootmii. I did that and I clicked where it says launch bootmii. I did that but here is the problem. My wii remote shuts down and I have 4 boxes in the middle of my TV screen they say Wii, the homebrew channel, sd, and one with a picture of gears. So it seems to be frozen. Any idea what im doing wrong? At this point I still have my bootwii file still on my SD card along with softmii3pack file and everything thats in my softmii3pack file is on the root.

Warez removed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 11:40PM by Arikado.
February 22, 2010 11:38PM
Topic closed. We do not support warez in this forum.

Do yourself a favor, stop reading random guides on the internet. Stick to [wiibrew.org] and learn something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 11:39PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.