Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No apps on homebrew channel

Posted by jhune 
No apps on homebrew channel
April 20, 2010 03:54AM
I softmodded my wii & was able to install homebrew channel using bannerbomb method.
I followed the steps from this tutorial " [www.wiibrew.org] "
I installed the Homebrew channel , DVDx , Bootmii as IOS only (its the only option) succesfully. I was able to back up NAND memory. In short I was able to follow all the instructions given on the link. My question is when ever I open the homebrew channel I dont see any app, just a bunch of bubbles floating. Please give me an instruction or a link of the things I should do to have games. Currently I dont have any idea on what to do next. My unit still plays original games. Its version is 4.2U. Please help.
Re: No apps on homebrew channel
April 20, 2010 07:38AM
Have you tried installing apps, if not install the homebrew browser, there is a link to it on the front page. From this app you can install others without having to take your SD out. If you have tried and it isn't working make sure your SD card looks like this
SD:apps/app_title/boot.dol
You can have other files on it as long as the path to your app looks like that.(app_title can be anything, but is useally the title of your app for simplisity.
April 20, 2010 06:03PM
Lets use as an example a empty SD card with nothing on it. In the blank area right click, and create a new folder and name it apps. If you have all of your homebrew programs already downloaded to your pc or whatever then you want to unzip their archive folders, and transfer their program folder to your SD in the apps folder. To do this access your SD card, and double click the apps folder to open it. It should be a completely blank when you do this. Now just copy and paste over the homebrew program folders to that blank area. To set up emulators requires creating a few more folders.

For example FCE Ultra GX, Snes9X, and VBA GX all require the following folders created and placed in this manner. Access your SD card. Apps will already be visible. Stay there and do not access the apps folder. Instead right click on the blank part of the screen under apps, and select create new folder, then name the folder named as the emulator name. Now with that folder newly created double click and access it. Within this folder is all blank space. Right click, and select create new folder again and name it roms. Do this once more to create a saves folder. And if you wish once more to create a cheats folder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 06:04PM by nightwishfan1.
April 20, 2010 06:35PM
make sure your sd card is formatted to 32fat. create a file on it called apps then put the homebrew files such as homebrew browser into the apps folder
April 21, 2010 10:13PM
to add on to what the above posts mention... the homebrew channel is just a facilitator... it allows you to launch apps that YOU put on your SD card. it doesn't contain those apps, you have to download them via the internet or the Homebrew Browser using the above instructions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login