Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reinstall system menu 4.2 to fix disc channel issue

Posted by dirtrider73068 
Reinstall system menu 4.2 to fix disc channel issue
February 03, 2010 04:04AM
I have been thinking since have tried to fix my disc channel problem, to refresh, updated to latest HBC, then updated from 3.4 to 4.2, then I had lost HBC but fixed that, and disc channel will not load a game. Now I have been thinking, What if, the 4.2 system menu was reinstalled? Would that maybe fix my disc channel problem? But would anything be lost? I have some game channels I discovered were actually wiiware games from the shop channel, that the previous owner downloaded. Now if 4.2 is reinstalled would those be erased and lost? What boggles my mind is everything else works just fine, HBC works and loads, HBB works, emulators work, and the wiiware game channels works, but why is it just the disc channel not working? I haven't tried a dvd yet to see if it will run it, but I am thinking if a game won't load why would a dvd.
Re: Reinstall system menu 4.2 to fix disc channel issue
February 03, 2010 05:01AM
Your issue is very odd. It has nothing to do with the system menu, so reinstalling it will not help. Try playing a DVD. If you used to have system menu 3.2, your wii should have an old enough drive for that to work. If the DVD does not play, your disc drive may be damaged. Also, if possible, test your game in another wii. That way, we can be sure whether the game disc is damaged.

Try running the latest version of Dop-IOS Mod on IOS 250 or IOS 31 (according to your Hackmii Installer log, both of these IOSes are patched, which means that they probably have the trucha bug) and reinstall all IOSes except IOS 70. Apply all patches to IOS 36, but do not patch any of the others. Maybe this will work.
February 03, 2010 05:04AM
It can't be the game disc cause it was just working before all the updates, and have tried another game is same thing it won't load. I don't understand why after doing updates the disc drive would just quit. I give it this all a shot tomorrow and see what happens.
February 03, 2010 05:16AM
Will the game launch through a different game loader, AKA Gecko OS?
February 03, 2010 05:17AM
I tried gecko but it wouldn't as it says no cheats found on sd card, and then I have to power down to reset the wii.
February 03, 2010 05:30AM
That's odd. It should launch anyway....Try loading each different game that you own through Gecko OS
February 03, 2010 05:41AM
I will give that a try and see if it will read a dvd, and for giggles, I went google and typed in wii disc channel not working, and found some people haveing problems with there disc channel after any 4.0 updates. One said he had to rerun his update and the disc channel worked again. Wonder if I shoudl rerun my update if it will, and what it would hurt?
February 03, 2010 06:12AM
It couldn't hurt to retry updating
February 03, 2010 11:15PM
Again, you did install some unpatched IOSes? That's the first thing to try.
February 03, 2010 11:50PM
tried to use trucha bug restorer to patch 36 under 15 but it wouldn't do it. I could try again and see what happens.
February 03, 2010 11:57PM
I'm saying install UNPATCHED IOSes. That means not using TBR.
February 03, 2010 11:59PM
oh don't think tried that method yet, I don't think, have tried a bunch of stuff and none of it worked. What unpatched IOS's should be installed and how to go about doing it, will see what it does.
February 04, 2010 01:58AM
Basically everything, except any IOS labeled as a stub.
February 04, 2010 01:59AM
What IOS to run and install with?
February 04, 2010 02:32AM
Umm... try 249.
February 04, 2010 04:28AM
dirtrider73068
What IOS to run and install with?

Try 250. According to the Hackmii Installer log, IOS 249 is unpatched, which means it is a stub.
February 04, 2010 05:24AM
I am working on trying to install all IOS's I tried to run mplayer ce 0.76 to see if dvd would work but it wouldn't load, said files are needed on sd card to work didn't understand that, tried mplayer, it had kinda worked before, but froze up no matter what I wanted it do, so that kinda points to the disc channel, there has to be something wrong with it.
February 04, 2010 06:17AM
jbc007, WaxyPumpkin72, WikiFSX, It is now working like it should!! The disc channel will now load a game, I checked it 3 times to make sure, 3 different ways it loaded the games. I do not know what it was, I went and installed all IOS's that I could unpatched, and weren't stubs, had a couple of them tcp timeout, so had keep trying, but end result, its now fixed. Thank you guys very very very much, another good reason I am so glad I have become a member on this forum, and plan to stay here a long time, and hope with what I learn I will be able to help others.
February 04, 2010 06:19AM
I'm glad you finally solved your problem! :D
February 10, 2010 07:28AM
I had read part of this but when I installed the ios files i accidentally also installed the stubs is that bad? p.s. my discs still won't work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login