Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

homebrew screen consists of bubbles only (Previously working fine)

Posted by BobX360x 
homebrew screen consists of bubbles only (Previously working fine)
March 31, 2009 07:54PM
Hi, can anyone help..

Turned on my wii today, fired up the HMC and all I see is bubbles - no programs to launch.

This has been working fine for months, no problem at all. My memory card is configured correctly. Standard 1gb sd card.

I have upgraded to Wii 4.0, but even with that installed my HBC has been working fine...

Any ideas?

I have tried a new SDHC card and checked all the flies structures... all look ok to me but all I see are bubbles..

Thanks for your help..
Bob.
Re: homebrew screen consists of bubbles only (Previously working fine)
March 31, 2009 09:26PM
You did something to your SD card to stop everything from working. Your SDHC card should work, but you dont have your files configured properly.

If you are positive the above two are false, than you need to see if your Wii recognzes your SD card (ex: check the photo channel) . If not, than you need to replace your SD card slot.
April 01, 2009 12:13AM
Thanks for the advice, but I did nothing to the SD card..
did not add anything, did not take anything away, did not alter the file structure or anything.

The SD card is recognised fine with the photo channel etc..

Any other ideas?
April 01, 2009 03:20AM
BobX360x
The SD card is recognised fine with the photo channel etc..
Which means that your files are not correctly placed on your SD card then.

Common mistake: Make sure your folder is named apps and not APPS, ApPs, or aPPs. Only apps works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 03:20AM by Arikado.
April 01, 2009 07:18AM
Hi,
the folder is 'apps'... like I said, I did not change anything on the card... it worked previously... no change to the folder structure..
April 01, 2009 12:34PM
Hm. Maybe your SD card is shot?
April 01, 2009 02:02PM
Looking further into this, I have managed to get my homebrew channel programs up on a newly formatted SD card.. with just the 'apps' folder installed..

Tried copying all my files from my SDHC to the new SD card and there was a corrupt 'content.bin. in the wii system folder... Remove the 'wii' folder and the channel works fine.. Could the corrupt 'content.bin' file cause this problem???
April 01, 2009 02:07PM
just check that you haven accidentaly locked the SD. There should be a little switch on the side, i know its obvious but make sure you have checked.
April 01, 2009 02:43PM
Good suggestion, but the write protect tab is set to r/w..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login