Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Files that can be deleted of SD card??

Posted by Saint 
Files that can be deleted of SD card??
August 12, 2010 07:41PM
Problem Resolved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2010 04:40AM by Saint.
Re: Files that can be deleted of SD card??
August 12, 2010 08:00PM
The following are all unsupported here:

[removed]

Please refrain from mentioning any of these again. As for whether you can delete stuff: depends whether you're done with it, duh. We don't know what you have done or want to do. Deleting stuff won't delete the stuff they installed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2010 12:32PM by SifJar.
August 13, 2010 04:42AM
SifJar
As for whether you can delete stuff: depends whether you're done with it, duh. We don't know what you have done or want to do. Deleting stuff won't delete the stuff they installed.

To the "duh", that's why it's the newb section here hehehe, I was just making sure. I edited my post to remove the stuff that was unsupported here, sorry for that.
August 13, 2010 06:23AM
Sorry for asking in this post, but I need to know what is bad and what is not. The whole reason for me to mod my wii is to use my usb drive to save my right bought games, music and movies through my wii. Are these things not legit, or supported here? Reason for this is cd's scratch, my old cd's are dying off and my kids have kill between 250 and 500 dollars worth of games that I can't retrieve. I paid to have them resurfaced but they suck worse than before. I am not a pirate and have zero intent to take something that I have not bought rights to. I just want to protect my investments. They exspensive and fragile. I am a future programmer hopefully and I respect life as one to be.
August 13, 2010 06:32AM
All the same, any information provided about making legitimate backups of wii games could be used for piracy. If backup loaders (including USB loaders) were supported here when users said that they were using them for actual backups rather than piracy, all the pirates would lie and say that they are using legitimate backups. Several other sites have such rules, and there is no doubt that the majority of the users of these sites are pirates.
August 13, 2010 06:37AM
very true, right now all I want is my mod to work correctly. So far i can't even get homebrew to work.
August 13, 2010 06:40AM
If I understand homebrew is a browser and if there is no software were the browser gets its info, there is no apps? all I have on my current sd is the boot.elf and the private folder for banner. Should I dl the apps I want in the browser? Why does the update give me a crash error if its a direct dl? what do i do to fix the crash?
August 13, 2010 07:06AM
ok, formatted and have home brew up. just can pop bubbles though
August 13, 2010 10:32AM
homebrew isn't a 'browser'. hombrew CHANNEL is in a sense, but 'homebrew' refers to any unsigned code running where it shouldn't be, and refers in this case to the apps hbc loads.
August 13, 2010 09:59PM
Yes dogger, your analogy is correct... the hombrew channel is sort of like a browser in that all you will see is bubbles when you don't have any apps in your sd:\apps folder

So make a folder on the root of your SD card and call it apps

lowercase. Then you can download apps from wiibrew.org and put them in the apps folder and the homebrew channel will display those apps (like a browser) for easy selection and loading.
August 14, 2010 01:13AM
yeah the recommended first app you should get is Homebrew Browser since you can download sick stuff from there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2010 01:13AM by Saint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login