Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newly installed HBC shows blank water bubbles page

Posted by s.lee 
Newly installed HBC shows blank water bubbles page
November 21, 2010 07:20AM
Hi everybody, I'm v new to this. Please excuse if the questions/terms used are stupid. I am not sure whether my question will violate the above codes.
I bought a chipped Wii consule in 2007 which came with some 30 games. Lately when I tried to play any new game, it won't play. After searching I realised that I need to install the new IOS for the new games. To install the new ios I need the HBC to run the applications like Wad manager... I down loaded the HackMii Installer v0.8 & installed it via Smash Stack. Everything went fine but when I started the HBC it doesn't show anything except a blank page with bubbles. I tried to put some homebrew apps into the apps folder as per instructions eg: after unzipping the Wad Manager & renamed the DOL file to boot.dol or putting the hacks.nii file at the root of the SD card & the priiloader file in the apps folder. The HBC channel won't read/recognised them! When I pressed the home menu button while on HBC, it says "setup not initialized". Can anybody tell me where did i go wrong? Is there another way to update the IOS on an old Wii? I've been searching on the net for weeks now & still gets nowhere. Please help!!!

PS: I don't know whether this matter but somehow my wii console would not let me enter into " Wii setting " & hence I could not set up for internet connection. Sorry to post such a long Q.
Re: Newly installed HBC shows blank water bubbles page
November 21, 2010 08:03AM
WAD Manager is not supported here so no more discussing that.
In order for the HBC to recognize the apps, they need to be as follows:
SD:/apps/nameofapp/boot.dol
As for playing new games, you could use something like DOP-Mii to install IOSes (get the IOSes on your PC with NUS Downloader, place them on your SD card, then install them with DOP-Mii in a similar fashion as WAD Manager)
And as for not being able to access the settings, it sounds like you updated from an out-of-region game disc. This is what's known as a semi-brick and can be fixed by installing the System Menu for your region (with something like DOP-Mii).
Re: Newly installed HBC shows blank water bubbles page
November 22, 2010 12:34AM
Thanks bg4545, you're 100% correct. A friend of mine lent me the animal crossing game which asked me to update & I did. I thought it was a good thing bcos it let me play the same game from a disc copied from another friend. I'll try to find out how to download & install DOP-Mii. My initial aim was to play the Wii party & Super Mario galaxy 2. I did tried the NUS Downloader & followed the instructions & dl IOS56 V5661(which is for Wii party right?) but when it came to the end it says the file shoulder be installed by a Wad manager & I followed & got stuck!!!
Thanks again for the superfast response, I thought I would wait at least a month ...... :)*****
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login