Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how do i connect the homebrew chanel to my wii via wifi?

Posted by aujakev 
how do i connect the homebrew chanel to my wii via wifi?
April 02, 2009 04:07PM
how do i connect the homebrew Chanel to my wii via wifi? im a noob sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 07:56PM by aujakev.
Re: how do i conect the homebrew chanel to my wii via wifi?
April 03, 2009 04:06AM
Erm, that doesnt really make any sense.
April 03, 2009 07:28AM
Either he is refering to WiiLoad:
[wiibrew.org]

or he wants to know how to configure the Wii's Wifi connection for the homebrew channel:
just configure your Wii's internet connection. The Homebrewchannel is using the same one.

p.s.: do you spell referring with 2 or 1 r in the middle?
May 03, 2009 07:55PM
I just want to know how to configure the Wii's Wifi connection for the homebrew channel, if there is a way to connect it without the internet. i have dial up and I can connect to the internet, but thats to much work... i just want to take the easy way.
Re: how do i connect the homebrew chanel to my wii via wifi?
May 03, 2009 10:08PM
If you can connect to the internet on your wii with something like the internet channel or the wii shop channel then it should work for the wii. dial-up or not
May 05, 2009 05:58AM
By the way, Daniel, your spell 'referring' with two r's in the middle (or 3 r's for the whole word)! ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 05:59AM by nintendude.
May 05, 2009 12:46PM
nintendude
By the way, Daniel, your spell 'referring' with two r's in the middle (or 3 r's for the whole word)! ;)

Thanks
May 06, 2009 12:29AM
but when i try to connect to my network it doesn't work
May 06, 2009 02:47AM
daniel_c_w
nintendude

Thanks

No problem! It's funny, because often times people who I know come to me asking me how to spell this word or that word. I guess even online I help people spell! :D
May 11, 2009 03:54PM
Glad you can spell but can some one Show me how to connect my wii to my net work with out using the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 11, 2009 09:37PM
aujakev
Glad you can spell but can some one Show me how to connect my wii to my net work with out using the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rofl. Thats impossible. Think about it for a second...
May 12, 2009 01:11AM
"How can I connect to the internet without the internet?" haha
oh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 01:44AM by bg4545.
May 12, 2009 03:16AM
He said: to his net, not the internet.

@aujakev:
Do you use W-Lan or a you using the wired ethernet adapter?
May 12, 2009 09:32PM
Wireless lan
May 13, 2009 02:04AM
Check that your wireless network access point is configured correctly, for instance if you've locked it down like a good person, you may be filtering by MAC address, or may need to add a pre-shared WEP or WPA key to your Wii.
May 13, 2009 10:35PM
I think he's asking if you can use WiFI ad-hoc networking with the Wii. I don't think it's supported. You need to have a base station, or some stupid WiFi dongle that Nintendo sells.
May 13, 2009 10:57PM
Felix
Check that your wireless network access point is configured correctly, for instance if you've locked it down like a good person, you may be filtering by MAC address, or may need to add a pre-shared WEP or WPA key to your Wii.

Felix
I think he's asking if you can use WiFI ad-hoc networking with the Wii. I don't think it's supported. You need to have a base station, or some stupid WiFi dongle that Nintendo sells.

I dont have my "Infrastrcture" Network encripted (I live in the country) and my psp can conect to my computer just fine so i dont have mac adress filtering.

Ps: I know that PSP's and WII's are to very different things!

also this is what i want to do Connect my wii to my network. but the problem is that when i try to conect it and its testing it, it says it failed to conect to the internet! but i dont want to use the internet, is there a trick to fool the wii into thinking it connected to the internet with out realy doing so???????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 11:22PM by aujakev.
May 14, 2009 04:10PM
there is no 'trick'. as you've said, it's failing the network test because it's trying to connect to Nintendo WFC, which you don't want, and homebrew doesn't give a sh*t about. It is still configured though, even if the test fails. You Wii will not show up on your network like a regular computer. To test, get something like ftpii that broadcasts specifically to your local network and see if you can connect from your computer. It would probably help everyone help you if you told us just what it is that you want to accomplish as it may not even be possible. more info about your network would help too.. (do you have a router, wireless adapter, etc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 04:12PM by bg4m3r.
May 18, 2009 11:21PM
bg4m3r
there is no 'trick'. as you've said, it's failing the network test because it's trying to connect to Nintendo WFC, which you don't want, and homebrew doesn't give a sh*t about. It is still configured though, even if the test fails. You Wii will not show up on your network like a regular computer. To test, get something like ftpii that broadcasts specifically to your local network and see if you can connect from your computer. It would probably help everyone help you if you told us just what it is that you want to accomplish as it may not even be possible. more info about your network would help too.. (do you have a router, wireless adapter, etc)

Is there a trick to fool the wii into thinking it has conected to Nintendo WFC?

Also, I know that my wii doesnt show up like a normal computer...

I just want to use wii load but when I run the homebrew channel it says "Network not Intalized" then i click the network icon, and it still doesnt work.

i have a simple network

What i want: My Computer --->netgear wireless (but no internet) -->then Wii

What i gots: My computer ---> netgar wireless (but no internet) --> <-- wii "Network not Intalized"

Wii: 3.3
Computer: Windows XP SP3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login