Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best HBC version + System Menu version combination?

Posted by Betta 
Best HBC version + System Menu version combination?
April 02, 2009 05:14PM
Hello all,

I've recently gotten very out of touch with the whole homebrew scene, so I'm wondering if anyone can answer some questions for me.

I currently have HBC beta 8, and System Menu version 3.1.
1) Is there any significant benefit to upgrading to the latest version of HBC. If so, what is the best way to do this?
- Currently my Wii freezes if I exit the HBC to go back to system menu, requiring a restart.
2) I would like to update my System Menu, how far can I go without breaking HBC?
3) If I update HBC to the latest version, then install System Update 4, will it break the HBC? (If I'm reading the wiki correctly, it's only the installer that is affected, so I'd have to install the latest before updating system menu).

Thanks to all that have helped, I'm hoping I'll have some time to actually get to develop a bit for the Wii this time around :)

-Betta
Re: Best HBC version + System Menu version combination?
April 02, 2009 06:52PM
The best combination is HBC 1.0.1 and sysmenu 3.2. This gets everything working as it should.
April 03, 2009 03:00AM
Okay, does the system menu auto update to the latest, or incrementally? If it just goes to the latest, is there a way to only go one update at a time? Also, to install the latest homebrew, should I just remove the current and reinstall it using the twilight hack?

-Betta
April 03, 2009 07:25AM
The Hombrechannel updates itself (the icon in the lower right shows it is trying to establish a connection).

The Systemmenu does not auto-update.
April 03, 2009 07:39AM
daniel_c_w
The Hombrechannel updates itself (the icon in the lower right shows it is trying to establish a connection).

The Systemmenu does not auto-update.
that is only if you have wifi...so the best way is to run the 1.01 installer as an app
April 03, 2009 03:51PM
I don't mean auto-update, I mean, will it automatically update to 4, or just go up one version from where it is now?

I have a working wireless connection, but HBC does not connect for some reason.

-Betta
April 03, 2009 06:23PM
It updates to the newest version on Nintendos servers.
April 04, 2009 10:14AM
use anytitledeleter to go to 3.2
April 05, 2009 02:34AM
if it was pre3.4 then no, if earlier then yes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login