Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First attempt virgin try again

Posted by chesternutz 
First attempt virgin try again
June 30, 2012 01:23AM
Hi

I have been researching how to softmod my Wii and will attempt it tomo.

It is a Black Wii 4.3E PAL UK model

I have watched many youtube videos and read all the info on your site just had a few queries.

What will unlocking and adding homebrew channel ultimately enable me to do that the system wont do now??

Do I need to have both Homebrew Channel installed AND the unlocking of the system?

Will the letterbomb option work for UK 4.3E models?

I have watched Youtube clips about modding, and wondered do you offer a download pack similar to these?

How can i create a mirror image backup of the system prior to starting the mods?

Apologies if this is not the right place, or have contravened any notes, as I am new to this the terminology is a little vague

Will Priiloader, eliminate occurance of bricking of the system?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a virgin modder!

Please email to notify me if this post needs editing as I am needing help and not sure what to ask or how to get help and advice thanks.
Re: First attempt virgin try again
July 01, 2012 12:12AM
chesternutz
What will unlocking and adding homebrew channel ultimately enable me to do that the system wont do now??
First of all, the term "unlock" mainly comes from scam sites that make you pay for guides to installing homebrew. What the Homebrew Channel lets you do is run homebrew applications from an SD card or USB device. There are a number of things you can do once you have homebrew that normal Wii's cannot do such as playing emulators or homebrew games and installing custom channels and themes.
chesternutz
Do I need to have both Homebrew Channel installed AND the unlocking of the system?
There is no "unlock" of the system, once you have the Homebrew Channel you can load homebrew apps.
chesternutz
Will the letterbomb option work for UK 4.3E models?
Yes Letterbomb works on any 4.3 system. The "E" just stands for your region; Europe.
chesternutz
I have watched Youtube clips about modding, and wondered do you offer a download pack similar to these?
YouTube videos are generally bad guides to follow. The download packs almost always contain illegal files and break the rules of these forums. We don't have a download pack but if you just follow the instructions you don't need one.
chesternutz
How can i create a mirror image backup of the system prior to starting the mods?
You can't make a backup before you install anything, but you can make a backup as soon as you install the Homebrew Channel and BootMii so that you know you have a working backup.

chesternutz
Will Priiloader, eliminate occurance of bricking of the system?
No, Priiloader can only be used to fix certain types of bricks. In other cases Priiloader becomes useless. If you can install BootMii as boot2, that would be the best protection against bricks because it doesn't rely on the Wii's system files. If you can't install as boot2 then Priiloader would be the next best option.

chesternutz
Please email to notify me if this post needs editing as I am needing help and not sure what to ask or how to get help and advice thanks.
We will not email you about your post. I understand you're asking for help but the staff here will not go out of our way to make sure you see our post.
Also, since you have made 2 other similar posts (which are now in The Junkyard), you should probably read the forum rules.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2012 12:16AM by bg4545.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login