Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating Wii Shop, without updating to 4.0?

Posted by Duality 
Updating Wii Shop, without updating to 4.0?
April 06, 2009 12:34PM
Hi all,

Basically a newbie question. I 'hacked' my Wii ages ago, so it's got homebrew and whatnot running smoothly on it. However, I don't want to update to 4.0 due to the problems it causes.

I live with 2 other people though who don't like all this haxoring going on as it means they currently can't buy anything off the Wii Shop Channel, which is fair enough, but they just want me to ditch all the homebrew and update. However, I don't want to 'give in' and just update to 4.0 either!

I've been reading the WiiBrew Wiki and it seems like WiiSCU can fix my problems by allowing channel-only updates. I tried to install WiiSCU though and it failed, apparently needing IOS61.

So, here are my questions:

Is Wii System Menu 4.0 = to IOS61, or are they seperate things?

Can I get IOS61 without System Menu 4.0?

If yes, will IOS61 affect my Homebrew options at all? Or is it just System Menu 4.0 that causes all the problems?

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated, I'm lacking in understanding about all of this and I can't seem to find an explanation on the wiki. Thank you in advance.
Re: Updating Wii Shop, without updating to 4.0?
April 06, 2009 12:52PM
SOLVED: Thanks to Matt_Work (did I get that right?) for helping me with this, and explaining that IOS61 = The Wii Shopping Channel and IOS60 = The Wii System Menu 4.0.

=)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login