Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When Is The Exact Release Date Of The New Exploit?

Posted by IHackYou 
Re: When Is The Exact Release Date Of The New Exploit?
May 05, 2009 05:46AM
Arikado, sorry to bug you, but I, too, would like to know the answer to what kydo asked. Plus, how am I able to tell if my Wii has a "proper boot1"? Does it have anything to do with the serial #, as I've read that the newer Wiis with serial numbers starting with LU64 are harder to run unsigned code on (luckily, my Wii has a LU61 serial).
May 05, 2009 01:41PM
nintendude
Plus, how am I able to tell if my Wii has a "proper boot1"? Does it have anything to do with the serial #, as I've read that the newer Wiis with serial numbers starting with LU64 are harder to run unsigned code on (luckily, my Wii has a LU61 serial).
Yes, that serial number indicates, that you have a proper - as it still includes the exploitable error - boot1
May 05, 2009 09:29PM
kydo:

To install bootmii, all you need to do is have a way to run the installer application. The twilight hack, comex's exploit, or the HBC can be used to run said application.

nintendude:

You're not bugging me, I've just been really busy lately. Hackmii posted an app awhile ago that will tell you if you can install bootmii as boot2.
May 06, 2009 03:11AM
According to Daniel, I have a boot1 since I have a LU61 Wii, so should I really be concerned about installing BootMii as boot2 (I mean, can't I install BootMii as boot1)? Also, I appreciate any answers you're giving me as I know what it's like to be busy and all with college, work, and the like.
May 06, 2009 03:28AM
Well, I wasnt this busy when I became a moderator :P Its just end of the year exams and personal business keeping me tied down ATM (and as far as wii projects go, I'm working on reworking the WSG gui (again :P) but it keeps crashing so I've been online less frequently too because of that). [/minirant]

Anyways...

Boot1 is written directly to the hardware. AFAIK, not even Nintendo can write to boot1 after it is originally written to at the Wii factory. However, Bootmii can also be installed as an IOS or as an System Menu IOS. For more information on ways to install bootmii and the incompatible boot1, see here: [hackmii.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2009 03:29AM by Arikado.
May 06, 2009 11:20PM
I'm not entirely understanding what I read (both the article and the comments). If it's more relevant, I bought my Wii back in December, and, also according to what I read, shouldn't my console have the old boot1 which would make BootMii 100% compatible?
May 06, 2009 11:45PM
Hackmii released an application awhile ago here: [hackmii.com] that would check to see if bootmii could be installed as boot2 on your Wii.
May 07, 2009 12:23AM
Just wondering anyone know of a reliable website to get information about the "Working title exploit"? Or have anymore information on it?
May 07, 2009 12:33AM
if anyone knew i am pretty sure that we would have heard about it or arikado or another mod would have posted it.
besides we know that they are still working out all the bugs,

i am estimating 1week to 2weeks tops.
but then again i could be wrong.

besides i am fairly confident that these people know what their doing, considering their history.

also does anyone have a time line of each exploit and the time it took for each one to be complete, released and started?
May 07, 2009 01:18AM
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait another 1-2 months (that's what I'm anticipating so I'm not getting my hopes up). Even though I'm a very patient guy, it doesn't mean that I like to wait! But, I'd rather have as many bugs exterminated as possible before having a new exploit run on my virgin Wii!
May 07, 2009 01:27AM
Yohsi6852
Just wondering anyone know of a reliable website to get information about the "Working title exploit"? Or have anymore information on it?
kydo
if anyone knew i am pretty sure that we would have heard about it or arikado or another mod would have posted it.
besides we know that they are still working out all the bugs
Read this
Arikado
nintendude
daniel_c_w
@Olabero:
You might wanna join the IRC channels #Hackmii and #bannerbomb and read along.

And how would one do that?
Download an IRC client (XCHAT is reccomended since its very user friendly -- especially to new IRC users). Connect to the server EFNET. Once connected, type /join #bannerbomb and you'll be logged into the bannerbomb IRC channel.
May 07, 2009 02:34AM
I'm going to offer clarification on a lot of things. I may not be well liked (or believed - lol) for what I am about to say, but I believe it is necessary for me to do so.

#bannerbomb has become a really sad channel. Its lost the purpose of having anything to do with bannerbomb at all and is no longer the official (ie comex supported) IRC channel for bannerbomb. Just the other day, the hot topic in the channel was everyone competing to see who could get the highest word count. I also have a log (a couple days earlier) of one of the operators seriously asking "so what is bannerbomb anyway?". Lastly, I lost my channel operator status there for some reason despite the fact I know more about banerbomb there than anyone else. The only worthy operators in the channel are Austin and Jassim.

Now alot of you are asking "when is the release date for bannerbomb?" I'm going to play Socrates and respond to that with this question: If banner bomb is going to be the means of running unsigned code on 4.0 Wiis, what usigned code (AKA apps) is out there that would even be of any use? Sure, you could all play my Wii Shooting Gallery again :P but you wouldn't be able to install a steady way to run unsigned code, rendering bannerbomb useless. And of course, lets not forget Nintendo will work hard to quickly patch bannerbomb as soon as it is out. In short: Theres no reason to release bannerbomb until either bootmii or a 4.0 installer for the homebrew channel is released. In other words, a release of bannerbomb now would risk Nintendo patching the exploit before it can even be used for something worthwhile.

This may or may not be what comex is doing, this is all speculation on my part. But it seems like the obvious choice of action since I'm sure comex would want his exploit to be able to do something useful.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2009 03:25AM by Arikado.
May 07, 2009 02:40AM
you certainly have a point there.
so that brings up the question of.
whenis bootmii comming?
or.. well a 4.0 installer.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
isnt that what the new xpliot was?
May 07, 2009 02:43AM
Comexs exploit does nothing but allow you to run unsigned code (AKA apps) on your Wii. I have no idea when a piece of unsigned code will be released that installs bootmii or the homebrew channel for 4.0 users.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2009 02:44AM by Arikado.
May 07, 2009 08:56AM
Hi,

My serial number starts with LEH2 (presumably, because it's an European one). Some googling results in posts saying that "it's a new one". Would I be right in assuming that I'm SOL with regards to the boot2 hack?

I'd love to check using the checking tool but I'm on 4.0 without "The Homebrew Channel" installed.

Thanks, and Best Regards.
May 08, 2009 11:17PM

In short: Theres no reason to release bannerbomb until either bootmii or a 4.0 installer for the homebrew channel is released.

We could use Bannerbomb to run GeckoOS, right?

That's all I need in the short term. Unlimited Brawl replays at tournaments, and maybe Brawl+. :(

Also, who is going to write a homebrew channel installer for 4.0 without a way to test it? Chicken or the egg syndrome.
May 08, 2009 11:21PM
Praxis
Yes, but again, not a real reason. A real reason would be one that installs something that can be used for a long time to run unsigned code.

Praxis
Also, who is going to write a homebrew channel installer for 4.0 without a way to test it? Chicken or the egg syndrome.
Team Twiizers uses bootmii installed on 4.0 Wiis for testing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 11:23PM by Arikado.
May 09, 2009 03:30AM
Sounds to me like:

Nintendo = #83774728

Hackers = #0
May 09, 2009 04:42PM
Arikado
Praxis
Yes,

So Bannerbomb is already in a sate that allows to run any code?!

Good to hear
May 11, 2009 03:15AM
It appears to be released now: [bannerbomb.qoid.us]

Also, AFAIK, WiiBrew isn't supporting this exploit for some reason. So apologies in advance if I have to start going through the forums deleting topics about it and yelling at people who ask about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login