Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto update

Posted by garvin 
Auto update
April 18, 2009 12:37AM
I have 3.4U now and was wondering if I connect my network to my wii, will it autoupdate to the latest?
Re: Auto update
April 18, 2009 12:49AM
There is no evidence that Nintendo can automatically update your Wii without you actually initiating the update process yourself (either via the Wii Settings or by inserting a disc with an update partition).

See also: Mega Merged OMG Ninty's gonna update my Wii while I sleep thread
April 18, 2009 06:55AM
yeah it will ask you if you want to update, not just update itself
April 20, 2009 12:11AM
There are no auto updates ATM. (And there probably never will be)
November 26, 2009 03:20AM
Yes but will original
games initiate an autoupdate?
November 26, 2009 04:25AM
docnoc
Yes but will original
games initiate an autoupdate?

if nintendo forced u to auto update you can sue em lol, bottomline is they wont make u update. when u connect to the internet, it says success code 412**[i forget**] itll say, wann update? say no and continue on. as far as games goes, when they ask you for an update they need to update the IOS's needed to play. if you are overcautious (like me at 1 point, lol) run threw gecko. bottomline is, nintando can't force you to update. sure theyll encourage you i.e. wii message, connecting to wifi, but they cannot force you.
November 26, 2009 05:03AM
So if I put a new game into the wii it will

1. ask if I want to update? Thus I can run the game through Gecko which would by pass the update process.

2. Does not ask. If it does not ask the game will not do a game or system update?
November 26, 2009 03:03PM
The game will show the Wii System Update banner in the disc channel, but you would have to select to start the update to do it. Launching a game through Gecko will only require you to install the IOS that the game requires if you don't have it. It will never install anything else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login