Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help in installing ios's and channels.!!

Posted by haydonny 
need help in installing ios's and channels.!!
May 10, 2009 04:34AM
heyy, not sure if this is the right place but here it goes.

I am on version 4.3U
a few months ago i modded my wii with the twilight princess hack.

i sucessfully installed the homebrew channel, time went on and things were going fine.

one day it asked me to update my console to be able to use wii shop channel.
i used various methods in getting around this, eg tona's, but it would always find an error (cannot find http request or something) and timing problems.
i then found wiiscu v0.2 and tried to install all of the ios's and channels in 1 go
it wouldnt let me install the ios's with trucha bug added so i checked -trucha with them all.
i checked yes to update all of the channels. evry thing was successfull except for the wii shop channel which gave me a ( cannot find http request)

i still cant download the wii shop channel :(

oh and 1 more thing..lol..i recently purchased sonic and the black knight an it requires me to update my system....any way to get around this???

any help?
cheers guys
Re: need help in installing ios's and channels.!!
May 13, 2009 10:46PM
I don't know about any of that wii shop stuff, but to get around updating for sonic, just use the new gecko os. There is a modded version of gecko os that came out before 1.9, and you can get that here. [www.wiibrew.org] (its at the bottom of the page, and its called "002" fix.)

When you say 4.3, i'm guessing you mean 3.4? ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 10:47PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
May 14, 2009 10:11AM
WaxyPumpkin72

Either that, or he's from the future! :O
May 14, 2009 03:59PM
You need to find a IOS60/61 & Shop Channel updater, or update to system 4. To suppress disc updates, aside from using Gecko OS, you can either update to 4, or downgrade to 3.2 and install preloader and enable the skip disc update hack (there are no hacks for 3.4 at this time AFAIK).
May 14, 2009 08:31PM
nintendude
WaxyPumpkin72

Either that, or he's from the future! :O

lol. thats funny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login