Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just installed bannerbomb, need help

Posted by billsfan444 
Just installed bannerbomb, need help
May 12, 2009 02:19AM
(question #1) I just installed bannerbomb from the website (http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/) and I followed the instructions and everything went along very smoothly. The only problem is, there is no bannerbomb channel on my Wii. Is there supposed to be one, or what? is it just a software download you don't notice?

(question #2) Right now I'm going through a read-me to get the HBC/LoadMii loaded on, but I'm stuck on a step... i hope somebody can help me.
I'm at the step where it says: "delete boot.dol and rename wad.dol to boot.dol. Run bannerbomb (which i am assuming is going into your data management, channels, Sd card) and load up HCB WAD and LOADMII WAD. The only problem is HCB AND LOADMII are not there. My wii gives me an error message saying it can't find it.
My question is: what folder are you supposed to put the HCB WAD, AND LOAD MII WAD in your SD card? is there a certain folder that they must be put in? because I'm just leaving them in the root folder and I cannot get it to work.

If somebody can help me, or give me a link that provides further instructions, (after the bannerbomb installation), that would be awesome.
Re: Just installed bannerbomb, need help
May 12, 2009 02:23AM
billsfan444
(question #1) I just installed bannerbomb from the website (http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/) and I followed the instructions and everything went along very smoothly. The only problem is, there is no bannerbomb channel on my Wii. Is there supposed to be one, or what? is it just a software download you don't notice?
Read the instructions, "Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load /boot.dol? or freeze."

billsfan444
(question #2) Right now I'm going through a read-me to get the HBC/LoadMii loaded on, but I'm stuck on a step... i hope somebody can help me.
I'm at the step where it says: "delete boot.dol and rename wad.dol to boot.dol. Run bannerbomb (which i am assuming is going into your data management, channels, Sd card) and load up HCB WAD and LOADMII WAD. The only problem is HCB AND LOADMII are not there. My wii gives me an error message saying it can't find it.
My question is: what folder are you supposed to put the HCB WAD, AND LOAD MII WAD in your SD card? is there a certain folder that they must be put in? because I'm just leaving them in the root folder and I cannot get it to work.
That is not a good guide to use and it's legality is questionable
May 12, 2009 02:27AM
Yeah I did those instructions okay ("Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load /boot.dol? or freeze.") and it loaded up fine. But now that bannerbombs installed, is there supposed to be a bannerbomb channel on my wii now? because if so, there is not.

and also, could you point me in the direction of a good guide that would help me through the installation of HBC after you install bannerbomb?
May 12, 2009 02:31AM
billsfan444
Yeah I did those instructions okay ("Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load /boot.dol? or freeze.") and it loaded up fine. But now that bannerbombs installed, is there supposed to be a bannerbomb channel on my wii now? because if so, there is not.
No bannerbomb is not an installed channel, you just use it to run homebrew.

billsfan444
and also, could you point me in the direction of a good guide that would help me through the installation of HBC after you install bannerbomb?
There are no good guides for getting the HBC because there is no official installation. Just wait for the next release of the HBC installer or BootMii
May 12, 2009 02:38AM
so what you're saying is, bannerbomb is not very reliable, and I should wait for the newest release of HBC or BootMii, because they will be compatible with version 4.0 of Wii?
May 12, 2009 02:45AM
no, it is what works now for 4.0 people, use it!

You dont install bannerbomb, just like you didn't install twilight hack...you just use those to crash the wii and run code from a SD card...most code people run is a channel installer so they dont have to do the hack everytime.
May 12, 2009 02:54AM
do you have a good guide that i can follow from start to finish dr lucky? because the guide i'm using is absolutely no help.
May 12, 2009 04:45AM
bannerbomb just loads the dol/elf files (like the homebrew installer or apps). But it does have problems.
May 12, 2009 05:00AM
not much to guide you on...run the hack, and boot apps (not install them) from your SD card...
May 12, 2009 08:01PM
how do you boot the apps from your sd card?? that's where I'm stuck at right now.

bannerbomb is installed... do you just need to put the apps in a special folder on your SD card... or what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 08:05PM by billsfan444.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login