Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GUIDE: How to use bannerbomb to run homebrew with loadmii OR Hackmii Installer

Posted by Kage52124 
No guarantees that this will work with all of you, but it should help.

Follow Comex's instructions @ [bannerbomb.qoid.us] on which version of bannerbomb to use, the aad1f version should be sufficient for most. If that version doesn't work, then it's going to have to be guess and check on which version you're going to need to use.

Also note that you should not have a disk in the drive when loading Loadmii later.(this tripped me up trying to run it on a friend's virgin wii.)

After you have the proper 'private' directory in place in the root of the SD card, go get Loadmii The non twilight hack compatible one @ [code.google.com]. Place the boot.dol in the root as well.

If you haven't done homebrew before, I recommend downloading the homebrew browser as well [wiibrew.org] and putting it inside an apps folder, which should look like this: \\apps\homebrew_browser\.

Now you're about ready to go. Follow Comex's instructions on how to use the exploit. Now when Loadmii comes up, DO NOTHING UNTIL THE WIIMOTES IDLE OFF then press any button to reconnect. I don't know why this happens, but it does and I'm sure Comex knows about it as I've e-mailed him :-P. I have NOT however emailed Hell_Hibou about it since I'm not familiar with Loadmii for any other purpose than using it with bannerbomb (i.o.w. if anyone else wants to e-mail him...)

There you have it. Now you can run homebrew on your Wii without installing anything to the internal memory.

Lastly, please listen to Comexk and NOT use a downgrader or W A D installer. His method will allow just about anything short of a DVDx install, which is plenty enough for a majority of those wanting to run homebrew, at least in my humble and often incorrect opinion.

EDIT: Comex figured out what was causing the wiimote/freezing bug! For now, disable WiiConnect24 and that should take care of the freezing issue! Also, now that Team Twizzers has their Hackmii installer, you can use it instead of LoadMii if you're ready to install HBC, DVDx and if you're bold, BootMii.

EDIT2: Due to how 7zip de-archives files, it's recommended that you use another program when getting the 'private' et al. stuff for Bannerbomb. Either that or change the properties of the content.bin inside your OS to archive (or something like that, see page 3 of this post).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 12:28AM by Kage52124.
Re: GUIDE: How to use bannerbomb to run homebrew with loadmii
May 12, 2009 10:00PM
so you are putting the entire contents of "loadmii" in the root folder? is that correct? or just boot.dol and "meta"?

also, where is the link to download the HB application? I'm on the wiki page for HB, but i'm not finding a download link

edit: are you suppsed to have an "app" in the root folder of the SD card? or is it supposed to be somewheres else. also, do you put Loadmii and HB in the app folder???
sorry i have so many questions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 10:08PM by billsfan444.
May 12, 2009 10:16PM
Questions are fine :-). Just lucky I'm out of school for the semester.

The only thing you need from LoadMii is the "boot.dol", which is placed in the root of the SD card. If later you wanted to use loadmii in conjunction with the Homebrew Channel, then the meta and icon files would be nice, but still not truly necessary.

The 'apps' folder is just meant to hold your applications, such as Mahjong Wii or Tetris, which you can download using the Homebrew Browser.

So in the end you should have a 'boot.dol' that came from LoadMii in the root of your SD card, and for your benefit, the Homebrew Browser, located at: \\apps\homebrew_browser\, and inside that folder will go all of the data for it, such as it's own meta.xml, icon.png, and most importantly 'boot.dol'.

Hope that's a little more clear.
May 12, 2009 10:26PM
should your "app" folder be located in private>wii> ?
May 12, 2009 10:29PM
No. Just in the root of the SD.
May 12, 2009 10:32PM
Also, it'd be best if you call the folder 'apps' and not 'app'. It's something of the current standard set forth by the Homebrew Channel.
May 12, 2009 10:34PM
okay, right now its on the screen "downloding zip file containing current image files. you can skip this by holding down the B button but it's highly reccomended you don't" It's been on here for a while....... how long should it take? is this bad?
May 12, 2009 10:37PM
by the way, can I have a link to the latest homebrew browser? i'm not sure if the one i'm using is working.
May 12, 2009 10:37PM
billsfan444
okay, right now its on the screen "downloding zip file containing current image files. you can skip this by holding down the B button but it's highly reccomended you don't" It's been on here for a while....... how long should it take? is this bad?
So you're talking about the homebrew browser. Its fine, it takes a couple minutes.
May 12, 2009 10:41PM
Agreed, but don't forget that when in LoadMii to let the wiimote time-out and turn off FIRST, before you do anything otherwise it WILL FREEZE. This is the only real bug with bannerbomb combined with loadmii to worry about.
May 12, 2009 10:45PM
okay, so take out my batteries, wait a second, put them back in, then continue? and it should work fine?

or do you actually have to wait till it turns off on it's own?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 10:46PM by billsfan444.
May 12, 2009 10:48PM
Lol yes, wait until it turns off on its own, should only take 2 minutes at most.
May 12, 2009 10:50PM
Yes, it turns on and off on its own.
BTW, OT, but does your name reference the Buffalo Bills? I'm only curious because I live in the Buffalo area.

Edit: Sorry, didn't know kage already answered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 10:51PM by Arikado.
May 12, 2009 10:52PM
oh my god!! after two days straight of trying, i got the homebrew app on my wii!! Kage, will you marry me?

i want to play mario kart wii online with whatever items i want..... can somebody point me in the direction of what i need to install now to do that????

edit: yeah I'm a huge bills fan, i went to some of their games. but I don't live in the buffalo area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 10:53PM by billsfan444.
May 12, 2009 10:54PM
billsfan444
i want to play mario kart wii online with whatever items i want..... can somebody point me in the direction of what i need to install now to do that????
Take a peek at Gecko OS.

billsfan444
edit: yeah I'm a huge bills fan, i went to some of their games. but I don't live in the buffalo area.
w00tness. Lynch, Edwards, and Evans ftw!
May 12, 2009 10:57PM
after i download gecko OS, will it be on one of my channels after that? can you tell me what to do after that please.
May 12, 2009 11:19PM
Oh no no no!!! Don't cheat online you jackass!!! That's horrible. If you want to cheat (and I remember the days of Game Genie cartridge wiggling), then do so within the game, just not online please. Have some integrity my man!

EDIT: I forward you here for a more articulate explanation: [hackmii.com]

Also no, I will not marry you, for I do not believe in marriage. :-P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 11:21PM by Kage52124.
May 12, 2009 11:42PM
billsfan444
after i download gecko OS, will it be on one of my channels after that?
No

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 11:42PM by Arikado.
May 12, 2009 11:56PM
Arikado
billsfan444
after i download gecko OS, will it be on one of my channels after that?
No

yeah, i figured out how get onto the geko OS now. Can you tell me how I'm supposed to put cheats onto it?
May 13, 2009 12:28AM
As far as I can tell, Gecko currently doesn't work with bannerbomb. It just issues a code dump when you load the game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login