Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Before I use HackMii installer...

Posted by nintendude 
Re: Before I use HackMii installer...
May 16, 2009 08:47AM
Not for this app.
You need the gecko1901 folder from gecko.zip\Gecko1901\Gecko1901\HBC\

If in doubt, use the HBBrowser to download it.
May 17, 2009 08:14PM
Just for everyone else following this thread, disable WiiConnect24 before you load Bannerbomb. This will most likely prevent the freezing issue.
May 18, 2009 04:50AM
Oh, now you tell me! :P

@Phoenix Tank: I just did what you said and used Homebrew Browser to download (quicker and easier) and I've been playing Brawl+ for the past 2 days now! :)

Alright, down to two more questions:

1) For the heck of it, I installed DVDx. How am I able to watch DVDs? Do I just insert a DVD like I would a game and use the disc channel to start it? Or do I have to get one of those apps through Homebrew Browser?

2) Even though I have Windows XP Professional running via Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro, are there any plans to make Code Manager Mac OS X supported? What about Windows 7?
May 18, 2009 04:56AM
nintendude
Oh, now you tell me! :P

@Phoenix Tank: I just did what you said and used Homebrew Browser to download (quicker and easier) and I've been playing Brawl+ for the past 2 days now! :)
It is easier, eh? =)
K, going to be sneaky here and get my own question in. What is this brawl+ thing I'm hearing about?
nintendude
Alright, down to two more questions:

1) For the heck of it, I installed DVDx. How am I able to watch DVDs? Do I just insert a DVD like I would a game and use the disc channel to start it? Or do I have to get one of those apps through Homebrew Browser?

2) Even though I have Windows XP Professional running via Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro, are there any plans to make Code Manager Mac OS X supported? What about Windows 7?
1) You need a media player app. I used Media Player CE (available from HBB) I honestly prefer my actual DVD player, though.
2) eeeerrrm, I'd suggest you write that one on the wiki talk page.
May 18, 2009 05:15AM
1) Brawl+ is basically a hacked version of Brawl. Don't get me wrong, regular Brawl is fun, but (especially after beating the game almost entirely) Brawl+ is awesome! Just check out these hacks, and you'll see what I mean. I already got some codes from this guy, and you can find more from places like here, there, or even here. Trust me, once you play Brawl+, you'll NEVER want to play it normally again (well, maybe once in a while if you actually want to play fair and square, but who does? :P)!

2) Where is this wiki talk page that you speak of?
May 18, 2009 06:03AM
Ah, so it isn't just a set of specific cheats that are enabled. I've tried SSBB hacks before.
Lost my save data after several months of playing heavily. Avoiding it, lol.

Err, figured that it was an app that had a page on wiibrew. Official Gecko OS code manager?
I think [wiird.l0nk.org] is where you'd want to ask.
May 18, 2009 12:28PM
nintendude:
What apps do you need to use to play Brawl+? Just Ocarina/GeckoOS, or something else too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 12:28PM by Arikado.
May 18, 2009 05:46PM
Brawl+ requires just Ocarina.
May 18, 2009 11:51PM
The programs I use to play Brawl+ are Gecko OS 1.9 (even though it's easier and faster to just install it from Homebrew Browser) and Code Manager. Then just get codes from places like the ones I posted above. ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login