Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

locked out of shopping channel

Posted by shawabawa 
locked out of shopping channel
May 17, 2009 06:48PM
When I got my wii it was US region, apparently I visited the shop channel (I think I loaded it, it told me to update and I quit), I then switched my console region to EU and now the shop channel gives me error code 205958, which I googled and it seems it's when you sign in to the shop channel and then change your region. Does anyone know what information the shop channel keeps from you (ie could a simple IP change fix this?) or whether there's any other way of fixing

Thanks
Re: locked out of shopping channel
May 17, 2009 07:11PM
You need to change your shop channel's region to be the same as your Wii Console's (European). Switch it using anyregion changer.
May 17, 2009 09:51PM
You need to connect with the last region that worked and delete your shop account. Then you change the region to whatever you want and connect again. Use WiiSCU if it asks you to update.
May 18, 2009 03:35PM
bg4545
You need to connect with the last region that worked and delete your shop account. Then you change the region to whatever you want and connect again. Use WiiSCU if it asks you to update.
Unfortunately it wont let me remove my shop account, it asks me to enter the serial number and I've entered it about 50 times and it keeps giving me error code 206651: Serial number is incorrect.

Could it be because my serial number is korean and shop account is US? My serial begins with LKM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login