Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need some help with BannerBomb.

Posted by MetaRidleyR27 
I need some help with BannerBomb.
May 18, 2009 03:52AM
I'm not too experienced in this sort of thing, so I'm having trouble setting up the Homebrew Channel via BannerBomb. I've tried all of the versions of it, and none of them have worked. It either freezes, or the box appears, I press Yes, and it says, "/boot.dol could not be opened." Any help is greatly appreciated!
Re: I need some help with BannerBomb.
May 18, 2009 04:14AM
Which version of banner bomb are you using? (the v10x part, not the aadxx part)
May 18, 2009 04:23AM
I'm using aad1f_v105. Actually, I may have figured out the problem. Originally all I had on the SD card was the private folder, but after looking around a bit, I saw that I needed to have the LoadMii and Homebrew browser files in there as well. So now I've managed to start up the LoadMii, and I'll see what I need to do from here.
May 18, 2009 04:43AM
Alright, I'm not sure what to do now. How exactly do I install the Homebrew Channel onto my Wii? I've been able to start up LoadMii, but I don't know what to do from there. Here's what's on my SD card currently:

private (folder for BannerBomb)
boot.dol (from LoadMii)
apps/homebrew_browser

Do I need to put another file in the SD card in order to have the Homebrew Channel on my Wii menu?
May 18, 2009 04:51AM
Ah, okay.
Your best option is the hackmii installer from http://bootmii.org/
Put the hackmii_installer.elf file in the root of your SD.
Start up Loadmii, find the hackmii installer and run it.
You'll see a warning screen and eventually be able to press 1 to proceed.
Beyond that, you need to just choose to install HBC from there. Don't worry about the DVDx or Bootmii options right now.
Reboot, and then HBC should be setup as a channel.
Launch HBBrowser from there, and enjoy.
May 18, 2009 06:06AM
Or if you want to just skip loadmii (the middle-man), you can take the hackmii installer, change it's name to boot.elf and put it in the root instead :-P.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login