Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NAND Backup

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Re: NAND Backup
May 22, 2009 06:48PM
daniel_c_w

I realy don't get the "Backups (ew)" part.
A backup won't hurt your Wii, because it is a backup.

It might hurt your Wii for other reasons (wrong region, CIOS), but not for any reason, that is backup related

It's not the backup itself that's the problem, it's that, far too often, a backup is synonymous with piracy.
May 22, 2009 09:08PM
daniel_c_w
It might hurt your Wii for other reasons (wrong region, CIOS), but not for any reason, that is backup related
What did you think I was hinting at? ;) If I used the technical jargon though, most of the people in this section of the forum probably wouldn't have understood.
May 22, 2009 09:20PM
Arikado
most of the people in this section of the forum probably wouldn't have understood.

Hey! Lol,jk. You're right, i probably wouldn't understand...
May 23, 2009 01:01AM
Yup, agreed. I would have felt like Peanut with Jeff Dunham...."NeeeeeROOM!" right over my head!
May 23, 2009 01:08AM
Kage52124
Yup, agreed. I would have felt like Peanut with Jeff Dunham...."NeeeeeROOM!" right over my head!

.....Wahhhh? Who is Peanut? Do i want to know lol?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 01:10AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
May 23, 2009 03:11AM
Search on YouTube "Jeff Dunham Peanut". It's hilarious
May 23, 2009 04:22PM
Arikado
daniel_c_w
What did you think I was hinting at? ;) If I used the technical jargon though, most of the people in this section of the forum probably wouldn't have understood.

And that bunch of people may even include me (as I never had any brick related problem to solve for myself)

I support the idea of ignoring backups 100% (as most of the people here do, I guess)
But we should not spread false or misleading information.

A backup, if used wisely and by people who know what they are doing, should never hurt any Wii.
May 24, 2009 02:27AM
Edited Out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2009 03:43AM by Arikado.
May 26, 2009 11:24PM
daniel_c_w
A backup, if used wisely and by people who know what they are doing, should never hurt any Wii.
Some people in the fixmii forum ( [forum.wiibrew.org] ) would beg to differ

(Granted, this isn't the best example, I'm just saying that they can be dangerous on their own too -- and no, this wasn't "using it wisely" :P)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 11:26PM by Arikado.
May 27, 2009 12:15AM
As you said "not wisely".

Also I think there is more to the story!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login