Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to get hombrew channel through BannerBomb (not working)

Posted by akawho 
Trying to get hombrew channel through BannerBomb (not working)
May 19, 2009 04:58PM
I've read through several other topics on here on the issue and I've used the advice given and it still wont work for me.

I've got a 1 gig kingston SD card with nothing else on it.

At first (going by the directions on [bannerbomb.qoid.us]) i d/l and unzipped aad1f_v108.zip and added the file to my sd card. I then d/l bootmii and put it on the card as well. With just these two files i turned on my wii and turned off wiiconnect24 and ejected the game disk. i then went through the set up menu to get to the sd card channel and inserted the sd card. every time i did this i would get a message saying something about "if you paid you got scammed, are you sure you want to run...etc) i click yes and immediately get another message saying "/boot.dol could not be opened" at this point i can't go any further

i tried replacing the aad1f file with all of the other options they have available and they either freeze my console or do absolutely nothing. i'll put the card in and it doesnt recognize anything being on the card

reading another forum on here with a similar problem they said they added the homebrew channel to the card before loading it so I tried that with the same results...can not open /boot.dol

anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong? thanks in advance for the help...
Re: Trying to get hombrew channel through BannerBomb (not working)
May 19, 2009 05:42PM
You did rename the hackmii installer to boot.elf, right?
If so, try using Loadmii as the boot.dol.
May 20, 2009 12:29AM
ok so i did that and got through that step. then i get to the section where it lists private, boot.dol, and homebrew channel. i open homebrew channel file and it looks like it tries to start up then the screen fills with a DEBUG ERROR [1] NOT OWNER text and then it looks like it opens the homebrew channel for a split second and then takes me back to the main wii page. and the homebrew channel is not an option....any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 12:42AM by akawho.
May 20, 2009 01:45AM
akawho
ok so i did that and got through that step. then i get to the section where it lists private, boot.dol, and homebrew channel. i open homebrew channel file and it looks like it tries to start up then the screen fills with a DEBUG ERROR [1] NOT OWNER text and then it looks like it opens the homebrew channel for a split second and then takes me back to the main wii page. and the homebrew channel is not an option....any ideas?

The homebrew channel was an option inside of Loadmii? That's not right at all, the homebrew channel doesn't get loaded onto your SD card...do you mean the Homebrew Browser or the Hackmii Installer or something else?
May 20, 2009 01:40PM
yeah i think something went wrong with the way i had the files there. i wound up getting rid of the load mii and putting a different hackmii file on the sd card. i was able to succesfully install the homebrew channel with this!!! thanks for the help on getting there!

now i have a question about what to do next. the homebrew channel is just a screen with the words Homebrew Channel at the bottom and a screen full of floating bubbles. Is that all that is supposed to be there? can i now play my backed up games? how does that work? i just burn the game onto a dvd-r and put it in the tray and load up the homebrew channel and it will work? sounds too simple to be true so i'm sure i'm missing something...

Again all advice is very much appreciated!
May 20, 2009 04:15PM
Hi,

Have you installed any applications underneath your /apps folder. If your Wii can access the internet, the HomeBrew Browser is a great one to start off with.

Hope this helps.

- Jon
May 20, 2009 05:20PM
so is the homebrew browser different than the homebrew channel? sorry if thats a silly question...this is my first attempt at homebrew. where can i get the homebrew browser then?

also, right now i don't have anything in my apps folder. i just had the hackmii and the homebrew channel on the sd card. Edited Out - Contained Huge Levels of Fail

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 05:48PM by Arikado.
May 20, 2009 08:03PM
First of all, please note on the main page that backup discussion is NOT allowed here as it is more often than not just a cover for piracy. Just get the Homebrew Browser and put it in your apps folder like this: (root\)apps\homebrew_browser\
May 21, 2009 02:32PM
understood, thanks for all the help everyone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login