Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii: What is installed where

Posted by ringo20000 
BootMii: What is installed where
May 21, 2009 11:09PM
I've installed bootmii and it seems to be running fine, I just have some questions on what is actually installed where on the Wii.

From my understanding the bootmii install hacks the boot2 code so that it will read the sd slot looking for a card with the file /system/iosboot.bin which will cause the Wii to boot into the MINI.

Where are the applications that run from the MINI installed, like the homebrew channel, DVDx, and the NAND backup? Is this on the sd card as well or is it being run from the Wii hard drive?

Also can I have other homebrew files on the same sd card as the bootmii installed files?
Re: BootMii: What is installed where
May 21, 2009 11:16PM
ringo20000
Where are the applications that run from the MINI installed, like the homebrew channel, DVDx, and the NAND backup? Is this on the sd card as well or is it being run from the Wii hard drive?

Also can I have other homebrew files on the same sd card as the bootmii installed files?
NAND, NAND, SD Card, Yes
May 22, 2009 12:55AM
Since both the homebrew channel are DVDx are in the NAND couldn't nintendo release a new system menu that removes them and prevents them from being reinstalled? I guess you could always downgrade the system menu with the NAND backup but new games (like Punch-Out!) for example require the system menu to be the newest version.
May 22, 2009 02:15PM
ringo20000
Since both the homebrew channel are DVDx are in the NAND couldn't nintendo release a new system menu that removes them and prevents them from being reinstalled? I guess you could always downgrade the system menu with the NAND backup but new games (like Punch-Out!) for example require the system menu to be the newest version.

They could have done that a long time ago, but they didn't. I'm not sure why.
May 22, 2009 09:11PM
ringo20000
It's not quite that simple. But for goodness sakes, if they had just taken simpler methods of action there wouldn't be any piracy with 4.0 <_<
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login