Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what did i do wrong?

Posted by maussimo010 
what did i do wrong?
May 24, 2009 02:37AM
ok...let me see if i can make this understandable in layman's terms since I have NEVER done any type of modding of my wii:

i formatted a 2GB sandisk card...i have 3.4U on my wii...I THINK i used the wrong homebrew setup version, which was wiibrew SD Installer 1.5...i ran this, copied to my card, put it in the wii, erased my zelda save, tried to copy the files to the wii system memory, then got the 'files were not copied' error...

so...went back, found the version HERE on wiibrew.org wiki, reformatted the card with the SD tool (just to be safe), put the 2 files on my card, the private folder and the boot.dol file...

went to copy them to the wii again, and still no joy...

did this happen because my original zelda save was gone from when i erased it on the first attempt at installing homebrew?

how do i fix this?

thanks in advance for any and all info, and if you need more info from me, please let me know asap!!
Re: what did i do wrong?
May 24, 2009 02:43AM
Also, in case my zelda save not being there anymore IS an issue...

I went and loaded the game, created a save file, named link, named epona, etc...is this sufficient enough to be a save file for the mod to work, or do i need to play the game for a period of time then re-save?
May 24, 2009 03:18AM
ok, i got it working...homebrew is installed, just not sure where to go next...bannerbomb looks like the direction?
May 24, 2009 03:31AM
Bannerbomb is equivalent to the TP hack.
So, you have the Homebrew Channel installed, then?
Start with the Homebrew Browser.
May 24, 2009 04:05AM
yeah, i JUST realized bannerbomb was the 4.0 eqivalent to the TP hack...

thanks for pointing me to homebrew browser though!
May 31, 2009 03:23PM
Please, How did you solve it? Details would be very helpful, since I'm completely new to this.

I have exactly the same problem:

i formatted a 2GB sandisk card...i have 3.4U on my wii...I used the homebrew setup versions 1.4 and 1.5 and got the same erro. i ran this, copied to my card, put it in the wii, erased my zelda save, tried to copy the files to the wii system memory, then got the 'files were not copied' error...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

aheiche
June 01, 2009 12:27AM
What is this "Homebrew Setup" or "wiibrew sd installer" of which you two speak?
June 01, 2009 06:51PM
I follow these instructions for hacking the Wii for homebrew.
[lifehacker.com]

It uses the Wii Brew DS Installer: [wiibrew.org]

Originally I used the version 1.5.But this version did not have the DVDX installation option as shown in the above instructions. So, I went back to the older version 1.4, which has the DVDX option.
However both versions give the same result: 'files were not copied' error.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

aheiche
June 02, 2009 04:12PM
Can you please point me to a recent instruction on how to set up Homebrew with TP Hack (or equivalent). For beginners, if possible, with lots of details concerning the wii part. I would like to start over with a different, proven approach. I would appreciate this help, since there are so confusing many out there.

TIA
aheiche
June 02, 2009 04:41PM
Best guide for the twilight hack is here: [www.wiibrew.org] (written mostly by bg4545 and the little rest by me)
June 05, 2009 06:43PM
Great. It worked. Thank you very much.
aheiche
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login