Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Viruses?

Posted by doofus123 
Wii Viruses?
May 26, 2009 11:33PM
I herd about this somewhere, and am wondering if there actually are viruses for the wii out there...I could see people like waninkoko doing that, lol, also bootmii says something about iso cat, do you think this is possible?
Re: Wii Viruses?
May 26, 2009 11:43PM
May 26, 2009 11:45PM
I personally doubt it's even worth it. Only a handful of people would know how to make one and those who do actually work to help the homebrew scene. The difference in these people is their own code of ethics; some programmers like Waninkoko use methods that others disapprove of.
May 27, 2009 12:09AM
I doubt, that there is any malicious Wii software in the wild.

But think about all those Wii Homebvrew Piracy Scammers.
Someday one of them might distribute a software, that highjacks the Wii and only releases it, after some amount of money is paid.
May 27, 2009 02:22AM
Crediar released an April Fools preloader that bricked your Wii for only a single day. That's the only intentionally malicious homebrew I've ever heard of though.
May 27, 2009 03:06AM
Arikado
Crediar released an April Fools preloader that bricked your Wii for only a single day. That's the only intentionally malicious homebrew I've ever heard of though.

That's just evil...someone smack that man with the splintered ruler!
May 27, 2009 05:04AM
Arikado

LOL, i'd be soooooo mad if that had happened to me!!!

Kage52124
That's just evil...someone smack that man with the splintered ruler!

haha, i completely agree!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login