Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Realy getting pissed off now

Posted by AnotherLondoner 
Realy getting pissed off now
May 27, 2009 12:43AM
I had a blank 2GB SD card, I installed bannerbomb onto it as well as hackmii, put the SD card into my Wii gone to options, data management etc, it says do i want to laod .doll/elf I click yes but then it says could not load .dol, I have renamed folder's and files but I still get the same shit I've even downloaded different versions of bannerbomb same thing, I've been trying to sort this outfor ages now, running up to my Wii and running back down to my PC has given me Chun-Li thighs so any hep would be appreciated.
Re: Realy getting pissed off now
May 27, 2009 12:50AM
Chun Li thighs LOLZ, that's hilarious. Okay let's double check...The Hackmii installer you downloaded from [bootmii.org] has been renamed to boot.*** (where *** is either dol or elf, don't change this part) and then put in the root of your SD card right?

Anything inside the private folder should NOT be changed. Since you're getting the prompt you're probably okay with Bannerbomb

EDIT: The more details you give about what you've done and the more elaborated you are, the better someone else can help you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 01:04AM by Kage52124.
May 27, 2009 01:03AM
Ok did what you said it worked( I felt dumb) but then I installed home brew dvdx and the like everything went fine until I installed bootmii as bootmii 2 it all installed fine but then it froze so I turned of my Wii then back on a new screen came up with wii hombrew and someother things but now my wiimote wont connect
May 27, 2009 01:05AM
You really didn't need to do Bootmii...but that's alright. Bootmii doesn't work with the wiimotes, just use the power button on your wii to move and reset to select. Basically you're just about all set. Go get Homebrew Browser and welcome to the community.
May 27, 2009 01:11AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU, YOU SEXY SEXY KNOWLEDGEABLE BITCH, EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 27, 2009 01:22AM
AnotherLondoner
THANK YOU THANK YOU, YOU SEXY SEXY KNOWLEDGEABLE BITCH, EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!! So now I'm a Sexy Knowledgeable Flaming Legend Bitch overall? Wow...

Since you probably don't know this, I'd do some reading here: [bootmii.org] about making a NAND backup. the NAND is everything the Wii knows basically. You don't have to do this but having a complete backup is a wonderful thing in case you do something stupid (or someone else does something stupid to your Wii; very few admit to being temporary idiots after all :-). From here on out I also recommend you do a LOT OF READING about different apps, what's going on in the development scene etc etc.
May 27, 2009 02:20AM
Just one thing I wanted to add: You can also use a gamecube controller to navigate the Bootmii menu.
May 27, 2009 05:00AM
Kage52124
You really didn't need to do Bootmii...but that's alright. Bootmii doesn't work with the wiimotes, just use the power button on your wii to move and reset to select. Basically you're just about all set. Go get Homebrew Browser and welcome to the community.

Don't forget the eject button!! :D
Re: Yay new problems
May 27, 2009 05:04AM
Ok it's 4am, I have Wii menu 4.0, I've downloaded cIOS36_rev10 I loaded it but i get cannot find ticket ert 2011, So I tried using WAD Manager 1.4 running from the bannerbomb method, I go to IOS16 originally from IOS36 but then my wiimote stops. All I want is a hard drive *sigh*.
May 27, 2009 05:25AM
That cIOS and WAD manager are not supported here.
May 27, 2009 05:32AM
There are plenty of applications out there you can use that don't need a hard drive, and DVDx can be used to give you a good amount of space if the program you want to use access the DVD drive, but it seems you probably just want to use the HD for playing backups. This forum is rather strict on the subject of backups and such, so tread lightly.
May 27, 2009 11:26AM
Ok I'll fid other forum for that then.(you are now reading this in the voice of Jackie chans uncle) One more thing, I carnt load from my SD card anymore it just freeses, maybe I'll need to download a different bannerbomb?
May 27, 2009 09:25PM
If you installed the homebrew channel, you don't need bannerbomb anymore anyway.
May 29, 2009 08:20PM
im getting pissed, i just got my wii back from repair. and alls fine it had 3.1u and i could go hack crazy on it(which i do)
i put in all the ios and cios i know of before i ugrade to 4.0 so ill still be able to install wads and everything, so i fill safe and do the upgrade via nintendo(very stupid) and now the only thing i have is the homebrew channel, which i figure is good untill i find out i cant install wads anymore
or for that matter cant install any more ios or cios that were already installed, so i cant do shit. any help to at least install wads or downgrade
NOTE: i canot install any ios or cios or wads. so those fix dont work
May 29, 2009 08:27PM
also the wads im trying to install are custom gecko os chanels i had a friend make
May 29, 2009 08:59PM
There is alsmost no good use for WADs, except piracy, and therefore discussion about that is not alloowed on this forum
May 29, 2009 09:12PM
Okay ichidisan, thanks for the unneeded thread hijacking. Go back to the hole you came out of now... And bring our forum rules and a guide to using the edit button with you!

I think this thread has served it's originally intended purpose by now.
*Locked*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2009 09:13PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.