Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC WON'T RE-INSTALL !!!

Posted by corsarrian 
HBC WON'T RE-INSTALL !!!
May 27, 2009 10:36PM
Hello,
I've been working at this all day and can't get it working. I have system menu 4.0U.
First, I copied private(the bannerbomb folder) and the Hackmii_installer_beta1.5.elf to my 4G SDHC. I renamed the Hackmii_installer to boot.elf.
Put the SD card in my wii, turned it on, went to data management, channels, SD. It asked to load the boot file, I said yes and it installed. The Homebrew channel was on the wii menu and I could access it. No problems so far....

Now any apps I put on the SD card wouldn't show up in the HBC, so, after trying awhile I decided to re-install the HBC.
I erased it from the channels menu in the data management section like any other channel. Then I copied the same private folder and hackmii_installer(renamed it to boot.elf) and tried to install HBC again. Now it asks to load the file, I say yes and it immediately says "/boot.dol could not be opened."
I've tried all the other bannerbomb private folders and the response is the same-"/boot.dol could not be opened."

have I screwed it up by erasing and trying to reinstall HBC? Can it be reinstalled? And would the apps on my SDHC not show up because it was HC?

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: HBC WON'T RE-INSTALL !!!
May 27, 2009 10:54PM
corsarrian
Then I copied the same private folder and hackmii_installer(renamed it to boot.elf) and tried to install HBC again.

Make sure you did not mistype anything, and that boot.elf is in teh root of the SD card.

If all fails: reformat the SDHC card and start from scratch.

But, lets get 2 steps back:
-Apps were not showing up in the HBC, because the current version does not support SDHC! (it is a known bug)
-When you delete a channel, it is not uninstalled. The ticket is still there, and the channel would still work, if you find a way, to copy the HBC data back to the Wii. I am telling you this, because the HBC installer might fail, if the channel is already installed. If that is the case, use AnyTitleDelter to delete the HBC
May 28, 2009 01:15AM
Thanks for the reply.

Formatting the SD card and retrying is what I've been doing. But it doesn't work-that's my problem.

I found out too late that SDHC cards don't work with HBC apps(bummer). If I'd known this earlier I wouldn't have deleted HBC trying to fix it.

I tried the AnyTitleDeleter but near as I could tell the HBC wasn't listed anywhere. I looked over the codes for each listed channel and they all seemed to be the regular system channels(photo, news, weather, shop, etc...)

If the ticket is still there and the channel will still run if i can get the HBC data back on wii, do you know of any conceivable way of doing that?or....

I'm primarily interested in playing backups of my games, so is there any backup loader that I can load straight from an SD card and not through the HBC?

Thanks again for any help anyone can offer.
May 28, 2009 02:41AM
corsarrian
I'm primarily interested in playing backups of my games, so is there any backup loader that I can load straight from an SD card and not through the HBC?

I am (almost) sorry, but would you read the forum rules, please.
Backup discussion is not allowed here.

You might wanna head for a different forum.
May 28, 2009 03:07AM
If you're using AnyTitle Deleter DB, it should be easy to find which one is the Homebrew Channel, and if not it should be listed as HAXX i believe...
May 28, 2009 04:09AM
sorry about that Daniel. Will do from now on.

Yeah, there's no HAXX there that I can see. I also get error (ret = -1017) before AnyTitleDeleter loads...not sure if that is messing it up
May 28, 2009 10:00AM
AnyTitle Deleter doesn't work on 4.0 anyway unfortunately.
May 28, 2009 07:04PM
AHA!!! I was wondering what the HAXX title was! I ran anytitledeleter once (can't remember why) and i saw that title! you have satisfied my curiosity!! Thank you!! :D
May 28, 2009 10:13PM
Bummer, so basically theres no way, as of yet ,to completely remove the ticket for HBC on 4.0 and reinstall it.

Just my luck, the newest HBC (1.0.3) came out the same day(yesterday) I tried loading HBC, and the new version supports SDHC(supposedly), so if I'd waited a few hours to install it I wouldn't have had any problems.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be......

Thanks for the help though
May 28, 2009 10:31PM
You know you can just install the new version and it'll overwrite the old one (hopefully). Can't hurt to try...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login