Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For those who like hypothetical situations, come this way!

Posted by nintendude 
For those who like hypothetical situations, come this way!
May 28, 2009 10:10PM
**Thanks to a DSi issue I had a questions on the warranty for it from Nintendo's Tech Support Forums, an interesting hypothetical question popped up in my mind the other day:**

Let's say that worst-case scenario came up where I needed to send in my Wii to Nintendo for repairs (highly unlikely, but still possible). I know that having Homebrew Channel and DVDx installed voids the warranty and I know that there's still a trace of the Homebrew Channel, even after deleting the channel itself. I hear that there's a way to delete the ticket left behind and get rid of any trace of the HBC and DVDx. Is this true? And, if so, how do I do it?

Again, hypothetical, but just a concern I wanted addressed.
Re: For those who like hypothetical situations, come this way!
May 28, 2009 10:25PM
Anytitle Deleter
May 29, 2009 10:30PM
Actually, I found that there might be another way. Assuming that the only trace of HBC that's left after deleting the channel the "regular" way (from the system menu) is a ticket, then couldn't you just uninstall HBC via the LoadMii installler? I noticed last night as I was updating the HBC to 1.0.3. via HBC that when you are given the option to install HBC or DVDx, you can also uninstall them. While I installed the newest version of HBC, I uninstalled DVDx (I honestly don't need it, so...) and it said that it successfully uninstalled it and deleted 1 ticket. So, A) did this really get rid of any trace of DVDx and B) if yes to A, then wouldn't this, in theory, work for HBC? And, if so, would all I need to do is put the LoadMii installer on my SD card, and then just uninstall the HBC (if the hypothetical situation ever arose)?

Also, as a side question, if the above doesn't work, then where can I find Anytitle Deleter and is it easy (or even easier to use than the above method, assuming it works) to use?
May 29, 2009 11:40PM
You can find anytitle deleter here. All you do is locate the title and then delete it. Hence the name, its only deleting the title, not the ticket.:

Misinformtion. Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2009 12:34AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
May 30, 2009 12:01AM
AnyTitle Deleter does delete the ticket
May 30, 2009 12:06AM
Really? i didn't know that! Thanks! Sorry for the misinformation. :(
May 30, 2009 12:18AM
Wii message board records your usage of the homebrew channel, so there would still be evidence even after all data relating to the actual channel is removed.
May 30, 2009 01:32AM
So, say I used Anytitle Deleter on Hombrew Channel, it would also get rid of not only the ticket, but also any message board records as well? Also, how would you get Anytitle Deleter on to your Wii? By SD card, I presume? And, after reading the article about it from the link that WaxyPumpkin provided, will it show HBC as Homebrew Channel, or some other weird title? Sorry for all of the questions, but I'd like to know...
May 30, 2009 02:04AM
It would still show up on the message board no matter what, but it deleted all of the channel data.
Just run AnyTitle Deleter with the Homebrew Channel and delete the title "HAXX"
May 30, 2009 06:14AM
That sucks! So your saying that even after using AnyTitle Deleter, HBC usage will still show up on the message board? Hopefully I'll never have to send in my Wii to Nintendo (regardless of whether or not it still under warranty) as I don't want them to possibly charge me a jacked up price just for using HBC!
May 30, 2009 06:23AM
I'm pretty sure they don't check the message board logs...
May 30, 2009 06:28AM
Yeah, you're probably right, but I'm just anal (not to mention paranoid) about these things and sometimes think more of what could go wrong rather than right... -_-
May 30, 2009 06:53AM
Hmmm,this is just speculation, but I think when you send ur wii to nintendo it's operated in maintenance mode, making it so u can't use the wii message board.
May 30, 2009 05:57PM
i don't think they would be alowed to look at your message board anyway...
May 30, 2009 06:03PM
trumpetak47
Why not? AFAIK, they can look at anything they want to. I would imagine they don't though due to time restraints.

BTW, welcome to the forum :)
May 31, 2009 01:21AM
Arikado
trumpetak47
Why not?

Privacy! The Messageboard is basicly an emailaccount.

Thinking about it, that is propably a reason for locking the Messageboard in maintenance mode
May 31, 2009 01:43AM
So, if AnyTitle Deleter can't erase message board history, then wouldn't uninstalling HBC and its ticket through LoadMii work exactly the same as AnyTitle Deleter?
May 31, 2009 01:46AM
LoadMii? You can only run homebrew apps with LoadMii...
You mean the HackMii installer... Most likely, but I'm not sure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2009 01:48AM by bg4545.
May 31, 2009 01:54PM
@nintendude: Yes.
June 01, 2009 12:40AM
Sorry, you're right, I meant HackMii or whatever the name of the installer is that, when used with Comex's bannerbomb, allows installation of HBC and/or DVDx. So basically the uninstallation method of both the HackMii installer and AnyTitle Deleter are exactly the same and I can use either one to get rid of HBC and its ticket, but neither will get rid of the HBC history on the Message Board, correct? (I'm asking one more time to get rid of any confusion on what I said/meant and for closure/confirmation).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login