Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update HBC problem

Posted by Artonox 
Update HBC problem
May 30, 2009 02:30AM
Hi guys, new to all this, so first off, let me show you the history of what I done to the wii:

1) Use of bannerbomb to install dvdx and hbc (didnt do bootmii yet)

2) installed preloader

Now since as HBC has a new update, I thought it would be a good time to do so, so I did. What happens first, is the popup comes up saying "theres a new update".
I clicked yes. It downloads the update
Then the usual black screen of words saying stuff about if you paid etc.
Now the problem:
at that screen, the wiimote turns off it's sync for no reason - i mean i tried resyncing with the wii and it wont work. I turned off the wii and tried again. Same thing happens. The batteries are not dead (full bars). So basically im stuck with the screen telling me to press 1 when I cant D: Any solutions?

Note: I have no gc controller btw.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2009 02:50PM by Artonox.
Re: Update HBC problem
May 30, 2009 03:22AM
Backups and WADs (and pretty much all of Waninkoko's apps) are not supported here.
May 30, 2009 04:25AM
I c... well b4 signing off, just wanted to conclude that I tried using the bootmii beta 0.1 instead to "reinstall" hbc and that still works flawlessly, so i'm guessing a bug perhaps?
anyways, I think I might bring my problems elsewhere incase it raises a few more eyebrows :( - apologies to the mods

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2009 04:39AM by Artonox.
May 30, 2009 10:34PM
Can anyone help me with this? My wiimotes un sync when the scam warning screen appearers. I have no GC Controller.

Thanks.
May 30, 2009 11:13PM
Resync them using the orange button under the Wiimotes battery cover and the orange button next to the SD Slot.
May 31, 2009 02:39AM
Wii_Manic
Can anyone help me with this? My wiimotes un sync when the scam warning screen appearers. I have no GC Controller.

Thanks.

ok, this is just in case more people come here for help - I think its a known issue with the installer. Some more people are having trouble in the comments section here:
[hackmii.com]
Basically the only solution I can find is to just use a GC controller or wait till they fix this up.
May 31, 2009 02:42AM
Arikado
Resync them using the orange button under the Wiimotes battery cover and the orange button next to the SD Slot.

Resyncing using those buttons doesn't work im afraid (not at the scam screen thing anyway). The wii kinda locks itself out from syncing in that scam screen thing. Beta one does that "reboot sync" thing but this just shuts off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2009 02:43AM by Artonox.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login