Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Action Replay for GCN games

Posted by Demios 
Action Replay for GCN games
June 01, 2009 04:37AM
I know there is an app that will let you use said codes for Wii games (ocarina), I cannot seem to find any information on running one on my Wii for GCN games though. Does such an app exist?
Re: Action Replay for GCN games
June 01, 2009 04:42AM
It's out there somewhere, but it came with a patched MIOS, which is either illegal or against the rules of wiibrew.org, so it was removed.
June 01, 2009 04:46AM
Well, that puts a dampener on things. Guess I can't put my GCN away yet then. Wish my Wii could run my PAR disc.
June 01, 2009 04:48AM
Yeah it sucks. If you could (or anyone else for that matter) figure out how to downgrade the MIOS alone to v4 and install it, then your Action Replay disk will work.
June 01, 2009 08:15AM
Lol, this topic has been brought up so many times. Are we sure that the MIOS is illegal, or is it just not supported by wiibrew?
June 01, 2009 08:28AM
From what I gather it's about principle by the site owners. While some of us might have legitimate uses for mIOS and cIOS majority will be interested in it for illegal reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2009 04:33PM by Demios.
June 01, 2009 09:16AM
again, does anyone have any links on someone who could possibly create this app?
June 01, 2009 06:00PM
The reason it was removed from WiiBrew is because it contained a WAD of MIOS (which is Nintendo's code).
June 02, 2009 03:50PM
im pretty newbie.. XD
could u explain wat that means?
MIOS?
June 02, 2009 04:42PM
MIOS is the gamecube equivalent of the Wii's IOS used when the Wii operates in gamecube mode.

Also see our glossary here: [www.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 04:43PM by Arikado.
June 03, 2009 04:03PM
ah ok, so.. i gues this isnt ever gonna happen then =S
June 03, 2009 06:36PM
Don't give up hope!! [forum.wiibrew.org] :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 06:37PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 04, 2009 04:00PM
:D sweet

^_^
i hope this project/idea excels into existence

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 04:03PM by reg19.
June 06, 2009 02:13PM
Just to clarify - MIOS isn't illegal. It's in the wii already. cMIOS, is or can be illegal. (Dunno for sure if it IS illegal, but certainly the usual installation method I believe uses WADs containing Nintendo code, which are illegal to redistribute). But from what I've read, lower versions of Nintendo's MIOS allowed things such as Action Replay to launch, but recent updates have blocked it. So basically what needs to be done is if we can find the title ID or whatever it's called and use it with NUS Downloader to download MIOS v4 as a WAD and use wadimport to install it, because I believe Nintendo keep old updates on their servers so it should still be there, and I believe this is legal.
June 06, 2009 08:48PM
Another option is finding a Wii game that has v4 of the MIOS on it. Don't ask why they would have a copy of MIOS (the Gamecube compatibilitiy IOS) with a Wii game, but I've done some reading around and I know that Big Brain Academy has it. So buy it and use WUFE to pull it out safely.

Also, in reference to NUS Downloader, I found it difficult that it would not change the filename for me. I know it's kind of picky, but it would be nice if the address with version number was punched in, and then it would download the file and name it for you as a check to make sure you downloaded the right one. Is that what the TMD option was?
June 07, 2009 06:22AM
Kage52124
Don't ask why they would have a copy of MIOS (the Gamecube compatibilitiy IOS) with a Wii game
Why shouldn't it?
MIOS is part the of the system (I am not quite sure, whether the it qualifies to be called an operating system).
The idea is to keep the system up to date.
June 07, 2009 07:50AM
It sounds good to keep the system up to date, but as far as I'm aware they started with v4 of MIOS...and couldn't they do the same thing with the System Update anyway?

I'm not complaining that they have v4 on there, it just seems a little strange that they would have the original MIOS on a Wii disk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login