Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hackmii Installer w/ Bannerbomb freezes and I can't install.

Posted by DerbyDanX 
Re: Hackmii Installer w/ Bannerbomb freezes and I can't install.
June 05, 2009 08:53AM
Which version of LoadMii are you using?
June 05, 2009 12:15PM
DerbyDanX
I've got a 4.0u Wii with no prior homebrew on it, and have been trying to install the Homebrew Channel.

Downloaded the common version of Bannerbomb and Beta 2 of the HackMii installer. Once I pop in the SD card from the channels -> SD area, I get the popup dialog asking if I want to boot the DOL/ELF. I choose yes, and without fail, my Wii goes to a black screen where it freezes as the DVD drive blue light flashes on and off. I've been able to get other simple things running with Bannerbomb, so I don't think thats the issue.

Any ideas? And yes, I renamed it to boot.elf and I'm running it from the correct place.

All help is greatly appreciated!

I had the EXACT same problem. I was using a 512 Mb Toshiba SD card. I could use bannerbomb to run loadmii also. But not hackmii. Today I bought a new SDHC Kingston 4Gb card. Put bannerbomb and hackmii elf on, and it worked! I not installed HBC and DVDx. It would appear the problem was completely due to my SD card.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 01:27PM by Coopers.
June 05, 2009 01:42PM
Okay. Try this. Because you got the LoadMii working already ... it should be sure now that the rest of it works.

This is how I did it from start to finish:

- Take SD card
- Put 108 version (the one that should work everywhere) of Bannerbomb on FAT/FAT32 formatted SD card.
- Put LoadMii on the root of the SD
- Rename content.bin as boot.dol
- Make a folder on a root as "apps" and in it make a folder named "homebrew_browser" - now... you can also put the latest version of homebrew browser in itself to that folder...
- you can also extract the folders'n stuff (everythin of it) of hackmii installer to "apps"-folder
- You wanna make sure that everything on that SD-card is with read-write properties so go and make sure!

-disable wiiconnect24 ...

go to channels menu --> sd-card --> put the sd-card ... get the pop-ups and if loadmii works it should go to a command promts kinda look and you can go to your apps folder there and go to hackmii installer folder and install the homebrew browser there... also dvdx which didn't work for my and neither did bootmii...

Anyways - I'm sure there was LOTS of stuff I did for nothing but it works for me...
June 05, 2009 09:27PM
Okay, this is odd. I can run the LoadMii .3 twilight hack compliant all the time, but only has able to get the other .3 running once, it won't load anymore.

Going to try a new SD card and the other suggestions when I get home
June 05, 2009 09:59PM
I had troubles using the Twilight hack compliant one, but no problems with the standard version. Try disabling WiiConnect24...
June 05, 2009 10:14PM
WiiConnect24 is always disabled. Any yeah, Twilight Hack one was giving me problems also. But the regular one isn't loading anymore :/
June 05, 2009 10:50PM
doesn't make much sense that it'd load once but not another time...you have some interesting issues!
June 06, 2009 04:00AM
New SD card did the trick, HB channel installed!
June 06, 2009 05:12AM
Well done Mr. Derby.
June 30, 2009 12:54AM
i did what Finwii told us .. but when i try to install hb .. in loadmii they say : exception (dsi) occured (and a lot of letters and numbers) what should i do ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login