Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wad Question - Don't just lock, look.

Posted by Yisrolik 
Wad Question - Don't just lock, look.
June 03, 2009 02:48AM
Are all Wads illegal, and thus should not be spoken about here? I ask this in prelude to my next question.
Re: Wad Question - Don't just lock, look.
June 03, 2009 03:09AM
Wiibrew
31 May 09: icefire has added WADder 2.7.3 to WiiBrew, now that it is legal and useful to legal users. Also included is a legal channel for a base.
Not all, but still most at this stage...
June 03, 2009 03:29AM
Hm, i still don't think they're supposed to be discussed, even if they are legal. its the same thing with backups. if you make your own, there are legal ways to run backups,(i think :P) they're just not supposed to be discussed here.
June 03, 2009 03:44AM
Yeah but the warning said: "no talk of illigal wads."

Therefore... I want to make a injected .dol channel for a game (super mario war) so I can have a channel for it on my wii menu rather than having to go to the homebrew channel. Is this possible? Is this rly rly hard?
June 03, 2009 03:52AM
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WADder#Instructions
Again, not tried it, but seems reasonably straightforward.
June 03, 2009 03:55AM
oh lol. Thanks, this could work.
June 03, 2009 04:13AM
Erm, i'm afraid you can't make a channel out of super mario war cuz it consists of more than just a .dol file. i tried this once, and it didn't work cuz it comes with another folder that is put on the root of the SD card. That is, as far as I know. There might be a way that i don't know about, and that is very likely. :P
June 03, 2009 04:33AM
Waxy:
In that case, make the channel a forwarder.
June 03, 2009 04:34AM
What is a forwarder? Sorry for not knowing what this is.
June 03, 2009 04:40AM
It basically just launches a specified dol/elf off of the SD Card.
June 03, 2009 04:54AM
how do you make a forwarder? can't i just put the other files on the sd card and it would still work?
June 03, 2009 05:00AM
The answer to your second question might be yes, in which case you wouldnt need a forwarder.

I really dont know as much as I should about this.
June 06, 2009 02:12PM
Am i right in thinking a forwarder is just a small .dol you inject into a WAD and then it loads the specified .dol from SD card? Can anyone tell me where to get a forwarder .dol file?
June 06, 2009 03:56PM
SifJar
Am i right in thinking a forwarder is just a small .dol you inject into a WAD and then it loads the specified .dol from SD card? Can anyone tell me where to get a forwarder .dol file?
Yes, you're right. AFAIK, you have to make one. Don't worry, it's extremely simple to do.
June 15, 2009 12:29AM
just to let you guys know WADder has been banned from wiibrew due to constant copyright violations *cough*
June 16, 2009 06:36AM
flyguy
just to let you guys know WADder has been banned from wiibrew due to constant copyright violations *cough*
Ohhhhh thats a major burn right there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login