Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

trouble connecting mulitple wii remotes to homebrew channel

Posted by benson328 
trouble connecting mulitple wii remotes to homebrew channel
June 03, 2009 05:30AM
I have been messing with wii homebrew channel and SNES 9X GX, as well as the genesis emulator and i cannot get a second wii remote to connect to the wii. I have been able to use a wii remote as player 1 and a gamecube controller as player 2 but is there some special way to connect a second wii remote as player 2. It is probably very easy. I have rechargeable wii batteries so it is not that the wii motes are dead, and whenever I go to the wii menu all wii motes will connect but then when I load wii homebrew channel the other remotes all cut off leaving only the first player and then the other wii motes will not connect. This is really bugging me. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!
Re: trouble connecting mulitple wii remotes to homebrew channel
June 03, 2009 12:58PM
Use the orange sync buttons.
June 03, 2009 06:26PM
I have tried the orange sync buttons as well, nothing works. It is so infuriating.
June 03, 2009 07:40PM
I originally had the same problem, but eventually fixed it. Try this: Sync your second wiimote using the orange buttons before you go into the HBC. Then when you're in the HBC, press a button on the second wiimote and it should sync right up. If not, try the orange sync buttons inside the HBC. (This (the former) is actually what I did and I haven't touched the orange buttons since) Good luck :D
June 28, 2009 02:17PM
I have the same problem. Tried all the solutions above: Syncing in the Wii menu works. When switching to the HBC the second Wiimote disconnects. Syncing within the HBC does not work.

Any other idea?
June 28, 2009 07:10PM
User1337
I have the same problem. Tried all the solutions above: Syncing in the Wii menu works. When switching to the HBC the second Wiimote disconnects. Syncing within the HBC does not work.

Any other idea?
Try syncing within an application?
June 28, 2009 07:30PM
Slightly off topic, but - the buttons are red.
June 28, 2009 10:16PM
Arikado
Try syncing within an application?

Doesn't work either :(
August 05, 2009 05:23AM
I still have the same issue, it worked fine pre-homebrew channel1.0.3, now it doesn't seem to work anymore...
August 07, 2009 01:02AM
I have the same problem! i posted a video on you tube cuz i didn't feel like explaining my situation.

Youtube
August 07, 2009 05:52PM
And nowhere in your video did you use the orange sync buttons aujakev.
August 07, 2009 06:20PM
I have the same issue but I don't think it is just caused by homebrew. I've never been able to sync more than one mote with Super Smash Bro Brawl either.
August 07, 2009 07:05PM
I've noticed that by syncing my wiimotes only once to my Wii console using the orange sync buttons that I can resync either of them at any time by pressing A anywhere - be it the system menu, a game, or homebrew.
August 07, 2009 10:02PM
Arikado
And nowhere in your video did you use the orange sync buttons aujakev.

I've noticed that by syncing my wiimotes only once to my Wii console using the orange sync buttons that I can resync either of them at any time by pressing A anywhere - be it the system menu, a game, or homebrew.

1: They are red.

2: Ive already tried that, still nothing

scanff
I have the same issue but I don't think it is just caused by homebrew. I've never been able to sync more than one mote with Super Smash Bro Brawl either.

My Wiimote's sync in any other game and/or channels

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 10:11PM by aujakev.
August 23, 2010 05:55PM
My issue is very similar but system wide. I am WELL versed in the RED button syncing methods and have attempted them to exhaustion. I can sync one wiimote at a time quite easily (this is in the system menu or any homebrew apps). When I hold down the red button on the Wii console for 15 seconds (to reset the wiimote connections), I can get any wiimote I own to sync. Its the second, third and fourth that's the issue. When I press the red button on the back of the wiimote, all four blue lights on the front will flash as if its looking for the wii consoles signal, but when I VERY QUICKLY (nintendo's words, not mine) press the red button the Wii console, the wiimote continues to flash blue but then just stops without establishing a connection. If I press the Home button on the player 1 synced wiimote I can then press A on the other wiimotes to establish a connection, but I lose the connection as soon as I exit that "Home screen". Since its my second Wii console and is in my bedroom, I mostly use it to play Netflix and am not really sure where in the hacking process I lost the ability to sync multiple wiimotes. But to give you an idea of what I'm working with here. I have IOS58 installed, Homebrew 1.8, Ver 4.2. My Wii loads initially in BootMii, and then I press the reset/power buttons to navigate depending of whether I want to just go to my Wii system menu or straight to Homebrew. As you can see, I'm not exactly an expert here, but I've been at this for a while and have attempted most of what straight up Googling has returned.

And this is neither here nor there, but I can't seem to get DVD's to play consistently on WiiMC, but that seems to be S.O.P.
August 24, 2010 08:13PM
Hey all, just an update, I got multiple remotes to sync after unplugging the Wii for 30 seconds replugging it in and trying again...
October 24, 2010 05:30AM
Is there a fix for this? or any sort of solution? ive tried lots of weird things to get this to work and nothing! i really wanna play two player old school games.
one of my odd findings goes like this:
Wiimote #1 connected to Player #1
Wiimote #2 connected to Player #2
start homebrew channel with Player #2 and Wiimote #2 loses connectivity, as does when started with Player #1

So,
Wiimote #1 connected to Player #2
Wiimote #2 connected to Player #1
Start homebrew channel with Player #1 and Wiimote #2 STILL loses connectivity, same thing when started with Wiimote #1, #2 still drops and Wiimote #1 is STILL connected as Player #2.

So it looks like i have a dominant Wiimote to me, and that it doesnt care which player its connected to, THATS the one Homebrew picks to be used, and no others.
October 24, 2010 05:46AM
OK! i found the solution.
Step 1
Exit Homebrew

Step 2
While in the Wii's main menu, use the RED sync button to connect the controllers. NOT the Wiimote Menu.
(Make sure ALL needed controllers are connected like this)

Step 3
Start Homebrew.

All the needed controllers should still be connected now!
October 26, 2010 12:13AM
Ok, so... this thread has been revived twice already. And on both ocassions nobody ever did need any help. Well, they did at one point, but it seems as though they were originally lazy to google the solution and posted first, then as all common noobs do, got desperate within the hour and finally googled it themselves. And while they're posted solutions could be insightful for people with the same problems in the future, I seriously think it won't help much anyways, as people tend to post their problem instead of searching for their solved problem first.

Might I suggest locking any solved thread, or any unsolved yet inconclusive thread? If the original poster had anything to say on the latter case, they should PM an Admin or Mod to remove the lock.

Just my thoughts on the subject ('cuz many noobs seem to have absolutely no common sense when it comes to posting).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 12:15AM by Magil.
October 26, 2010 05:44PM
locked.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.