Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WADder

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
WADder
June 03, 2009 06:43PM
Yeah, i've been using the older version with no problems. Now, i've downloaded the new version, and its completely different, and i have no idea how to make it work. i read the instructions on the page, but i really don't understand them :/. I used to just put a .dol file in, and now its telling me i have to pick a wad that i want to edit. i don't want to edit a wad, i want to make one!! Sorry for my n00nbiddyn00bishness. i try. :D
Re: WADder
June 03, 2009 07:03PM
When I was reading about it, it said that it was supposed to come with two different legal wads as templates, one from waninkoko and one from comex. When I dled it, I didn't find them, maybe they weren't included in the installer?
June 03, 2009 07:08PM
You have to take a .dol file out of a wad and then put a new one in. There is a legal wad you can download (to edit) on the wiibrew WADDER page.
June 03, 2009 07:09PM
I see....
June 15, 2009 12:42AM
as of june 6th WADDer is banned from wiibrew *cough*
June 22, 2009 04:56AM
June 22, 2009 05:16AM
[url=http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WADder#Instructions
wiibrew.org[/url]]Due to repeated copyright violations (including copyrighted material in, at least, the latest version of WADder as of 6 Jun 2009), WADder will not be allowed on WiiBrew until:

It is hosted on a website that does not distribute other files that are in violation of copyright, and does not associate itself with such,
The author starts caring about copyright and does not just pretend to while openly encouraging the use of illegal "base WADs" on other sites,
Clear proof of origin is provided for each binary (executable or otherwise) file inside the distribution, including each license or, if not present, a statement by the author indicating his consent,
The resulting distribution is reviewed by an admin and found to contain no copyrighted material that isn't freely distributable.
If after coming back into compliance and being approved here, WADder releases a new version that again violates copyright, it and its author will be permanently banned from WiiBrew.
June 22, 2009 11:34PM
so does the wad stuff not work on 4.0?
June 22, 2009 11:38PM
kydo
This topic has nothing to do with whether or not installing "wad stuff" works on 4.0 -- And for you information, it must or how else would the HBC (which is a WAD) be installed by the HackMii Installer?
June 22, 2009 11:42PM
HBC is a WAD? well, i guess that makes sense... Never really thought about that much.
June 23, 2009 12:43AM
Arikado
kydo
This topic has nothing to do with whether or not installing "wad stuff" works on 4.0 -- And for you information, it must or how else would the HBC (which is a WAD) be installed by the HackMii Installer?

I thought it would be using new unreleased exploits, or am I wrong about that.

And I believe the HBC is never in WAD form.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 12:43AM by daniel_c_w.
June 23, 2009 01:16AM
wait this is confusing?
what is wADder?
June 23, 2009 01:21AM
Its a computer program that makes WADS. :P
June 23, 2009 01:29AM
To answer two people, the HBC is in WAD form, but its hidden (buffered) inside the (HackMii Installers) boot.dol WADs are just data (0s and 1s like everything else) so it doesnt matter wether or not they are inside or outside the .dol The HBC WAD is installed using an exploit that does not require a fakesigned IOS (well, technically it does, but it doesnt need one present is what I'm trying to say).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 01:29AM by Arikado.
June 23, 2009 07:52PM
Huh, how can it need one but not need one present? That doesn't make sense to me. I assume the exploit used is unreleased btw?
June 23, 2009 08:09PM
Shhh - it's a secret.
June 24, 2009 03:27AM
SifJar
Huh, how can it need one but not need one present? That doesn't make sense to me. I assume the exploit used is unreleased btw?
I cant go into detail beyond saying it generates and then uses a sort of "fake IOS" sorry.

(Everything I know I learned from #wiidevs "corporate facsist")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 03:33AM by Arikado.
June 24, 2009 05:52PM
Hmm, interesting...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login