Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sorry, noob questions

Posted by FishSquared 
Sorry, noob questions
June 06, 2009 05:06PM
Hey guys, I've been following the guide here, using BannerBomb and BootMii to try to put homebrew on my Wii.

I have a 4.0 Wii, and I have a SDHC 4 GB memory card. What I did is exactly what the guide says, however I'm completely new at this so I'm sorry to ask (most likely) dumb questions.

I'll just tell you exactly what I did.

1. Made sure my SDHC was formatted, FAT32 was the only option for this card.
2. Downloaded various BannerBomb private directories, and started by trying the very first private directory, unzipped it, and put it on the root of my memory card.
3.I downloaded BootMii as well, only taking the .elf file, and changing it to "boot.elf" and putting in on the root of my memory card, next to the first private folder.

My problem is, when I go through the Wii menu, to the Data Management screen, to the SD card screen, Nothing happens.
Absolutely nothing. I was wondering if this means I have to try the other random private folders? Should absolutely nothing happen? I just get a screen that says I have roughly 30,137 blocks open.

Am I doing anything that you guys know is wrong? Should I just keep trying every private folder BannerBomb has?

Sorry again, thanks for the help
Re: Sorry, noob questions
June 06, 2009 05:30PM
You did head to the channels part of data management, right?
June 06, 2009 05:35PM
Yes, I did not go to the lower left and hit the SD card symbol, I went through the channels.
June 06, 2009 05:49PM
Try formatting to FAT (AKA FAT 16)
June 06, 2009 06:10PM
I was referring to picking the Channels option here:

Unfortunately everything else looks like it has been done correctly.
Tried disabling WiiConnect24?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 06:11PM by PhoenixTank.
June 06, 2009 06:24PM
PhoenixTank
I was referring to picking the Channels option here:

Unfortunately everything else looks like it has been done correctly.
Tried disabling WiiConnect24?

Oh man, I feel like a complete idiot. I wasn't clicking the channels option. Thank you very much. I installed it.
June 06, 2009 06:30PM
Well, If it makes you feel any better, I did that the first time, and someone else did the same thing the other day.
Enjoy homebrew!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 06:31PM by PhoenixTank.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login