Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

importing games, new to homebrew, firmware 4.0u

Posted by karasuman 
importing games, new to homebrew, firmware 4.0u
June 07, 2009 05:10AM
I managed to figure out installing the homebrew channel on my wii (and got a few things, like zsnes, working), but what I really want to do is import Fatal Frame IV and pretend I understand Japanese. That's a bit of an investment, though, and it seems that certain homebrew functionalities don't work with my version of the firmware. Is there any reason why using Gecko OS to change my region and play an import game wouldn't work? I appreciate any help, and I'm sorry if this information is out there... it's just that there is an awful, awful lot of garbage to wade through when you're trying to get any info about homebrewing on the wii.
Re: importing games, new to homebrew, firmware 4.0u
June 07, 2009 07:53AM
Yeah GeckoOS does indeed let you boot a game from a different region. It also allows you to play games that ask you to perform a system update without actually doing so, which is another huge perk.
Re: importing games, new to homebrew, firmware 4.0u
June 07, 2009 02:04PM
Gecko OS won't change your Wii's region, it just lets you play out-of-region games. And can play them without updating. And those which NEED updates to work, it can take the necessary parts and install them. (But NEVER install updates from an out-of-region disc)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login