Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

downloading home brew

Posted by KintaBoB 
Re: downloading home brew
June 09, 2009 12:55AM
Just follow the onscreen instructions. The twilight hack was the first exploit. But since that has been fixed in newer firmwares they found this easier better one.
June 09, 2009 12:56AM
Arikado
Bannerbomb

6 A message should appear asking to "load boot.dol/.elf". If it freezes or does not appear, download the next .zip file from the Bannerbomb website and start over.
!

How do you know what version you need does it depend on when you bought your wii, if so i got mine brand new 3 days ago so should i get the newer version or banner bomb?
June 09, 2009 12:58AM
If it's brand new you probably can't use the exploit. Look on the underside of the console. Post the first 4 digits of the serial code. If it's Lu64 or higher. Running the exploit will brick your wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 12:59AM by ParrotBoy.
June 09, 2009 12:59AM
No it's doesn't depend on when you got it. Sometimes the one works and sometimes it doesn't depending on the Wii
June 09, 2009 01:03AM
ok so the 1st 4 are LEH2 so what does this mean can i install or not, i got the wii when i got my fiancee's contract phone
June 09, 2009 01:04AM
Ah, it's a British wii. Mine started the same and worked fine. Good luck.

It may work, it may not. As somebody said earlier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 01:06AM by ParrotBoy.
June 09, 2009 01:07AM
ParrotBoy
If it's brand new you probably can't use the exploit. Look on the underside of the console. Post the first 4 digits of the serial code. If it's Lu64 or higher. Running the exploit will brick your wii.
Where the hell did you hear that?

BTW its not true.
June 09, 2009 01:07AM
oh yer lol forgot it was a world wide forum ha erm what if it does happen to brick my wii is there a fix?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 01:08AM by KintaBoB.
June 09, 2009 01:09AM
Arikado
ParrotBoy
Where the hell did you hear that?

BTW its not true.

Oh, never knew that, just most tutorials/videos on the net say it will brick the wii so I just thought it would.

In reply to the other post, it depends what type of brick it is. Some can be fixed some cannot. Also it's very unlikely that you will brick your wii unless you plan on doing something other than fooling around with homebrew.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 01:12AM by ParrotBoy.
June 09, 2009 01:15AM
If there was even a chance of a brick, bannerbomb would never have been released. In fact, it doesn't even do anything remotely possibly harmful. So please get your information from WiiBrew from now on. Kthnx.

Additionally, new hardware cant fix bannerbomb because its a software exploit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 01:17AM by Arikado.
June 09, 2009 01:16AM
Hmm sooooooo..... homebrew wont brick my wii lol id rather belive you Arikado i think, with you being a mod an all ,*hah*, no offence ParrotBoy
June 09, 2009 01:17AM
Yeah, sorry about that. Just got my facts a bit muddled up.
June 09, 2009 01:21AM
can i get some proof/video that homebrew dunt fuck up the wii ma fiancee dunt want me to install anyting till she has proof of homebrew being safe :s im quite happy to install it
June 09, 2009 01:23AM
KintaBoB
can i get some proof/video that homebrew dunt fuck up the wii ma fiancee dunt want me to install anyting till she has proof of homebrew being safe :s im quite happy to install it

Just search on YouTube "wii homebrew guide" or something similar. There's hundreds upon hundreds of videos. If that doesn't prove it to her maybe one of the all knowing mods could help :P
June 09, 2009 01:32AM
shes warmin to the idea ill do it wen shes sleeping
June 09, 2009 01:35AM
KintaBoB
shes warmin to the idea ill do it wen shes sleeping

Haha, sounds like a plan. Once it's installed and working she'll see the good side.
June 09, 2009 01:46AM
is there a brick fix just incase it bricked it
June 09, 2009 01:48AM
KintaBoB
is there a brick fix just incase it bricked it

Yes, there is fixes but they may not always work. Installing hombrew cannot hurt your wii.
If you really are unsure, once you do install homebrew do a NAND backup using bootmii, if anything does go wrong that can help fix it. But most likely nothing will go wrong. Once you have homebrew, install a little app called " homebrew browser" it's a nice little ui which downloads and installs homebrew for you.

I know, I'm a complete stranger so you may have trouble trusting me but as the mods have said, homebrew is safe.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 01:54AM by ParrotBoy.
June 09, 2009 02:42PM
right so tried the SD card in my Wii but it just freezes i tried all 4 private folders and it still just freezes can someone tell me what im doing wrong please

Thank you
June 09, 2009 06:57PM
The thing about certain serials brcking is only with cIOS and other warez enabling tools, not proper Homebrew. Just to clear that up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login