Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

downloading home brew

Posted by KintaBoB 
Re: downloading home brew
June 09, 2009 08:01PM
KintaBoB
right so tried the SD card in my Wii but it just freezes i tried all 4 private folders and it still just freezes can someone tell me what im doing wrong please

Thank you

When does it freeze? After the dialog? If after, I think you may be some of the unlucky few that this does not work for.

Some tips:
Please note that Bannerbomb does not work for everyone at this time.

If your Wii freezes while trying to use Bannerbomb, follow these diagnostics:

Make sure you're not trying to use the SD Menu on System Menu 4.0 (the little blue SD card button in the lower left).

Check that you pressed the Channels button in Data Management.

Make sure that Bannerbomb is the only channel on the SD card.

Try a different version of Bannerbomb. Most people should be able to use aad1f, but some might need another version.

Eject the SD card, go into the channels menu, then on SD where it says no SD card is inserted, then insert the card (works for Toshiba 256MB cards and Menu 4.0E at least)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 08:04PM by ParrotBoy.
June 09, 2009 09:34PM
SifJar
The thing about certain serials brcking is only with cIOS and other warez enabling tools, not proper Homebrew. Just to clear that up.
Still not quite. Misuse, blatant ignorance, stupidity, call it what you will, with cIOSs and the warez tools will brick you on any Wii on any firmware. It doesn't help that these "tools" aren't very stable either. I'm going to reiterate myself and say, AFAIK this "brick rumor" is a bag horse shit with flies buzzing around it since, again, a hardware fix shouldn't (AKA can't possibly) be able to fix a software exploit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 09:35PM by Arikado.
June 09, 2009 09:49PM
No, I'm pretty sure LU64+ Wii's can't install cIOS by regular methods, and must use more hacks to accomplish installation without ending in a brick. I remember that Edited Out had to release a fix for LU64+ Wiis to prevent bricks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 10:08PM by Arikado.
June 10, 2009 12:23PM
ok i think i now know what i was doin wrong i was using the little sd card button on main screen.
so i need to go into data managment and get in to my sd card like that?

Right so i did that and it didnt freeze the only thing is nothing is showing up on my sd card
but when it in the pc the files show up :S

it froze when i clicked channel button should i try a different version of bannerbomb?

forgetr all that iv just said

Homebrew is now installing :D:D

ID LIKE TO THANK EVERY ONE FOR THEIR HELP

THANKS ALOT GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 12:32PM by KintaBoB.
June 10, 2009 12:34PM
Now a different set of questions lol
How do i get the home brew channel?

NVM lol i got it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 12:36PM by KintaBoB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login