Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BOOTMII

Posted by jedimaster_att 
BOOTMII
June 08, 2009 04:59PM
I am sure that there is a topic somewhere else here but I am at work and in a hurry...I have installed BOOTMII on my -finaly- So now when I turn on my wii it goes right to the bootmii start up screen (or what I believe to be) it has the sd box, wii box, homebrew box, and one other box can't remember. Anyway I can't use any wiimotes they just won't register, so I can't pick an option. CAN ANYONE HELP? The other weird thing is when I am at this screen if I push the reset button then it goes to the regualr wii channels menu?
Re: BOOTMII
June 08, 2009 05:13PM
Due to hardware limitations, WIi remotes do not work in bootmii. Only GC pads do. If you dont have any, you can use the front buttons to control it: Power: next option, Reset: select, Eject: start button (?)
Look in the SD card. if you have Beta 2 of Bootmii (latest) there should be a line with:
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
and
#BOOTDELAY=2
remove # them things and it will auto-load the menu after 5 seconds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 05:14PM by metroid_maniac.
June 08, 2009 05:42PM
Architectural issues prevent the wiimote from being usable in Bootmii, Use a gamecube controller or the Power and Reset buttons on the Wii Console instead.
June 08, 2009 06:04PM
Awsome thanks guys
June 08, 2009 09:06PM
Also, make sure theres no disk in the drive when using bootmii, First time I used it I panicked cuase nothing was working :P, Took the disk out and voila.
June 12, 2009 03:33AM
Now I have a new problem. I switched over my files to a new SD card from a 1G to a 2G, everything works the same except for the Bootmii start up. The file is there just like on the other card but it dosn't start up? Any ideas why...
June 12, 2009 05:19AM
which file is there? Bootmii should be in the root of your SD card too (like as you said, it should be) as a folder with 3 files inside of it. Are they there?
June 12, 2009 03:44PM
how much space does a NAND backup take i have a very small sd card and need to know if it will hold it

never mind i just got a 4gb kingston micro sd and it is backing up as i type this thanks bootmii you have created another practically un-brickable wii
:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 03:59PM by flyguy.
June 12, 2009 09:18PM
I am at work so I can't be sure but I think that the bootmii folder was on the root of the card and when opened up had the three files. Now you said that it should be "on the root too" as in there is another place I should have this folder? Should the bootmii folder be in more then one place? I mean I extracted everything from the 1G card and moved it to the 2G card so techniclly nothing should have changed to stop the bootmii...I am stumped!
June 12, 2009 09:21PM
There should only be a bootmii folder on your SD, containing thre files
June 13, 2009 02:48PM
Bootmii is on the root of the sd card same spot, same everything - it works on the 1G card, but not the 2G card, evertything else works just fine from the transfere...
June 14, 2009 04:30AM
Some cards just don't work
There is a chart on wiibrew wiki. Search bootmii and there will be a link on that page that goes to the chart
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login