Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CRAAAAAAAAAP!!!!

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
CRAAAAAAAAAP!!!!
June 09, 2009 03:43AM
CRAAAAAAAAAP!!! well, kind of. At christmas, i got some wiipoints and bought world of goo. recently, i deleted the channel to get extra memory on my wii, knowing i could redownload it if i wanted to. For some reason, whenever i go to try and redownload it, i get a transaction error 204036. i looked it up on nintendo, and it says its just a wii shop error. The weird thing is that i can redownload my other games just fine, except for world of goo. could someone PLEASE help?
Re: CRAAAAAAAAAP!!!!
June 09, 2009 03:48AM
Just wait a bit and try again later. If it happens again, it may be something with your Wii
June 09, 2009 04:36AM
Its been two weeks, and it still says the same thing. It must be something wrong with my wii......DAAANGIIIT!!!
June 09, 2009 05:48AM
You may just have to call up Nintendo.
June 09, 2009 06:02PM
So you can still download other channels? That is wierd. Sure it deleted properly? You could try getting AnyTitleDeleter and checking if it's still there - or will it still show up because he has the redownload ticket?
June 09, 2009 09:51PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that later today! I'll just see if i can find WGOE, i think thats the title. thanks!!
June 09, 2009 09:54PM
Well, I'm not sure if you should delete if it is there, it may delete the ticket, and therefore the re-download privileges. But if you're not so worried about that go for it. It may not, that's just a random guess.
June 10, 2009 12:25AM
You choose to delete it..
June 10, 2009 06:02AM
Okay, update:

I just got anytitle deleter, i went to installeld system menu channel titles, and the world of goo title (WGOE) was there. supposedly, its already installed on my system menu. When i go to downloadable content, the title isn't on the list, meaning it can't be on the shop channel, even though it says its downloadable on the shop channel. its not anywhere on my data management. there must be some sort of trace of it on my system menu, and the shop channel thinks its on the system menu, even though its not. Am i making sense? any help is sincerely and greatly appreciated.

Also, if i just delete it, could i re-buy it from wii shop? i'm not gonna just go and get a wad of it off the internet. I'm no pirate!! :P
June 10, 2009 06:10AM
Lol, the one case where you have a near legitimate reason to hunt one of those down right? I'm pretty sure (based upon what I learned from the 25c3 Wii Fail presentation I just watched on YouTube) that even when you delete it off your Wii, it still keeps the ticket, which is basically your 'legal right' to access the file. So I think you're right in that you could delete the remainder of the channel off your Wii and it should give you the opportunity to download it, but that may still leave your problem.

AnyTitle Deleter says your ticket still exists but it doesn't see the channel, and the ticket is only your right to use it, then deleting it may make you purchase it again, but could still give you the same problem when attempting the download....or maybe I'm just talking through my arse...

I still say that this is something you could call Nintendo and ask them about, it's not homebrew-related at all.
June 10, 2009 06:58AM
yeah i'd say it's system menu related
June 10, 2009 06:23PM
Well, if you deleted it with AnyTitleDeleter, I believe the worst that could happen is you'd have to buy it again. If it still fails to download perhaps contact Nintendo. I'd be reluctant to contact them because I saw a pot on HackMii recently that showed that if you have HBC installed and send your Wii to Nintendo, they charge several hundred euros (or pounds or dollars) extra. Of course you may not have to send your wii to them for this, but i'd still be wary.
June 10, 2009 09:16PM
Yeah, i really don't want to contact nintendo. they really don't care if my wii isn't working, all they care about is sucking money out of people. if they saw homebrew on my wii, i wouldn't be surprised if they charged me loads of cash. nothing usually goes well with me if its its homebrew related lol. :P
June 10, 2009 09:29PM
Sigh...I've made up my mind. If i can't download it, i may as well delete it to see if it does anything. Results will be given later. :)

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I think my situation is really kinda odd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 09:29PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 11, 2009 12:40AM
After doing some hunting around, I found some testimony that it was related to simply having HBC installed, but the source is iffy at best. Good luck though!
June 11, 2009 12:44AM
Lol, ya right. :P
June 11, 2009 12:55AM
Poop. I deleted it, and its no longer available for me to redownload for free. It says it costs 1500 points. I guess this should be a warning in case it happens to anyone else. I'll try re-buying it and seeing if it downloads, i guess. :/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 12:56AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 11, 2009 12:57AM
I thought that was going to happen. I'm still afraid that it won't let you redownload it either :-(.
June 11, 2009 06:33AM
I'm an unhappy person. :( Thats like the only VC game thats worth buying, and if i send it to nintendo the going to charge loads of $$$$ and i don't have money to pay for that right now. :P
June 11, 2009 07:09AM
I'm not saying I doubt Bushing's post on Hackmii about warranty voiding, but it was one case upon who knows how many. Think of it this way, request an invoice before work is done, that way you can always say, "I don't want to pay that, please send it back." I think it'd be a great way to see if they are indeed charging extra for all this stuff. Thoughts?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login