Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assistance Needed - HBC Installed, apps not running in Sys Menu 4.0

Posted by samjaynes 
Assistance Needed - HBC Installed, apps not running in Sys Menu 4.0
June 10, 2009 04:14PM
Good morning, thank you for reading my post.

Using the guides available via this site and its partners, I was able to use hackmii installer (http://bootmii.org/download/) and installed Homebrew 1.03 and the DVD tools succesfully on my LU61 Wii running 4.0U System Menus. It would not allow me to install BootMii (the third app in hackmii) for some strange reason (IOS?? message). I am using a Toshiba 4GB SDHC card, which I checked and is formatted to FAT32.

Using some of the information and links from (Edited Out), I grabbed and installed several apps in the apps folder. For emulators, I copied over some ROMS i had. However, here is a list of systems problems I get:

Homebrew Channel - Sometimes it does not recognize the card, and I have to take the card out, reinsert, and then rescan, which then brings up a list of the applications I have installed

Homebrew Browser - Click on load, and then the application does not load stating a issue with the "SD card not inserted properly..."

SNES and NES emulators - The application menus appear, and then tries to auto-load. For some reason it does not see the card, even after I force it to stop checking the samba shares, and tell it to load from the sd. I have checked to ensure I have the snes9x folder, and the fsce# folders on root (not a home right now)

MarioWar - Click on load, and the screen goes blank, and then goes to the bubbles of the HBC, which I then need to eject the card, and reinsert.

FTP client - Click on load, and then it does a system dump

QuakeWii - Same as FTP client

So, all in all, I was able to install the Homebrew Channel and DVD player from the card, it sees the applications, but that is far as I can go.

Please let me know if you need any further information. I look forward to your comments and feedback.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 05:10PM by Arikado.
Re: Assistance Needed - HBC Installed, apps not running in Sys Menu 4.0
June 10, 2009 05:12PM
samjaynes
Homebrew Channel - Sometimes it does not recognize the card, and I have to take the card out, reinsert, and then rescan, which then brings up a list of the applications I have installed
SDHC support isn't perfect. You may have more luck if you format to FAT (16)

samjaynes
Homebrew Browser - Click on load, and then the application does not load stating a issue with the "SD card not inserted properly..."
Use the latest version.

samjaynes
SNES and NES emulators - The application menus appear, and then tries to auto-load. For some reason it does not see the card, even after I force it to stop checking the samba shares, and tell it to load from the sd. I have checked to ensure I have the snes9x folder, and the fsce# folders on root (not a home right now)
Make sure you are using the latest version.

samjaynes
QuakeWii - Same as FTP client
Try the latest version by Piko.
June 10, 2009 06:00PM
Thanks Arikado for your response... I downloaded all the applications yesterday, so I assume they are all the latest and greatest version.

I will reverify this afternoon, and reformat the card as FAT16.
June 10, 2009 09:20PM
Make sure you downloaded them all from WiiBrew. Good Luck :D
June 11, 2009 12:51AM
I know SDHC incompatibility is most likely, but out of curiosity, what are the chances that his SD card is corrupted?
June 11, 2009 10:22PM
So, I reformatted the card to FAT32 (was FAT32 before), and copied the files back over. Same results. I verified that the versions that I download were recent and all from Wiibrew.

I am still at odds, and have seen some post in other forums that others are experiencing similar issues. Help please... what to do next???
June 11, 2009 11:07PM
Try formatting to FAT?
June 12, 2009 03:58PM
How do you format a 4GB SDHC card into FAT format, when windows limits the FAT formatting to 2GB? Or is there a way to format the entire card so you can use it all? Lastly, if I can only use 2GB, how does it (Wii) react if you name the volume?
June 12, 2009 04:22PM
Erm, you can use a tool (program) instead of Windows to format your SDHC Card.
June 15, 2009 08:00PM
I have a 4GB SDHC Kingston and I have the same problem that samjaynes with HBC, when this problem will be fixed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 08:02PM by Xeiden.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login