Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pictures of sd card folders

Posted by AWILLIAMS64 
pictures of sd card folders
June 12, 2009 09:20AM
would it be possible for someone to post pics of their sd card folders containing the proper setup for homebrew, and the apps. I have been reading and reading. and still can not get it to work. i have an apps folder with my apps inside that folder. should there be another folder in the "nameofapp" folder named boot.dol? i dont have it that way, i have x:/apps/appnamefolder/ and my boot.dol is in the appnamefolder along with the icon, meta etc. i am running ver 3.3, using bannerbomb and bootmii public beta 2.
Re: pictures of sd card folders
June 12, 2009 12:40PM
Your folder structure looks right. Keep in ind, that the names are case sensitive. "apps" and "boot.dol" or "boot.elf" need to be written in small letters only.

You didn't mention your homebrew channel version.
June 12, 2009 05:45PM
i instlled it from HackMii Installer v0.2 so i assume it is 1.03.
June 12, 2009 06:20PM
it doesnt matter what the HBC version or system menu version is, the setup is the same for all versions.
June 12, 2009 06:50PM
after i have homebrew installed, should i just have an apps folder on my sd card and thats it...with the apps inside of it? also, if i put 1 boot.dol of a particular ap file out on the root of my sd card, i can go to wii setings, channels, sd card and it will load that one app and i can use it...but when i bring up the homebrew channel and select start it just flashes the wii boxes and then back to the main menu. Should the apps show up as soon as the homebrew channel starts up or should i have to press start to get them to go to the app menu?
June 12, 2009 07:00PM
AWILLIAMS64
but when i bring up the homebrew channel and select start it just flashes the wii boxes and then back to the main menu. Should the apps show up as soon as the homebrew channel starts up or should i have to press start to get them to go to the app menu?

You have to start the homebrewchannel. That it goes back to the amin menu without you doing anything means something is wrong.
Did you install anything else? Some IOSes or cious?
June 12, 2009 07:05PM
i dont think so, ise there a way to find out. I have tried done the twighlight hack and then did bannerbomb. i did buy this used so maybe someone did something before me. Is there a way to clear all the memory of the wii and get it back to original settings?
June 12, 2009 08:08PM
Well, formatting it would do that, but not uninstall IOSes and cIOSes. Try running AnyTitleDeleter with bannerbomb. BE VERY CAREFUL!! Delete the wrong thing here and you've screwed up your wii. You should probably install BootMii as boot2 (if possible) and take a NAND backup first. Otherwise install preloader and BootMii as IOS and take NAND backup with BootMii. Then run AnyTitleDeleter. Not exactly sure what you need to look for, maybe someone else can help? Anyway, I believe it can delete IOSes and cIOSes, but I may be wrong. Also, try reinstalling HBC with bannerbomb or twilight hack and hackmii installer 0.2. Have heard of people before with this problem which was fixed by reinstalling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login