Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i checked this forum and didnt get much help, sooo

Posted by webepoop 
i checked this forum and didnt get much help, sooo
June 13, 2009 07:07PM
i downloaded the bannerbomb hbc thingie, and i successfully got the channel on my wii. now i downloaded the supersonic wii game. i made the apps folder, and did everything. but it doesnt show. I tried rearanging the folders in it too. if it helps, here is the order of my folders:
installer, apps, private, boot.elf

edit: i also found that I cannot go onto the sd card menu, it freezes up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2009 07:12PM by webepoop.
Re: i checked this forum and didnt get much help, sooo
June 13, 2009 07:19PM
The freezing up may be caused by bannerbomb. Since you already have the Homebrew Channel installed, I would recommend deleting all the bannerbomb files. This should allow you to access the SD Menu. To get Supersonic Wii to show up in the Homebrew Channel, you should make sure that the Supersonic Wii folder is in the apps folder and that the data folder is on the root of your SD card (this means that it's not in any folders). Also make sure that there is a file named "boot.dol" in the Supersonic Wii folder.

Hope this helps!
June 13, 2009 07:45PM
o.k. so i havent tried it yet. so should I have the boot.elf in the folder containing super sonic apps and data folder AND in the root?

edit: i tried it and it shows up!!! yay!!!!!! but, it goes to the setup of dvdx and bootmii

edit again: the sd card menu doesnt freeze!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2009 07:52PM by webepoop.
June 13, 2009 09:16PM
When you open your SD card on your computer, make sure that the apps folder is visible without opening any other folders. Also make sure that the data folder is visible without opening any folders. If it isn't like this, I would recommend deleting everything on your SD card, just to make it easier. Once you do this, download supersonic wii again. Now open the .zip file and drag the apps folder from .zip file to your blank SD card. After that, drag the data folder from the .zip file to your sd card and place it next to the apps folder. Take your SD card and put it back in your Wii.

You should now be able to play Supersonic.

Also, for future games that you want to play, you should consider installing the Hombrew Browser, which lets you download games directly from your Wii! It also creates all of these confusing folders for you, and makes it very simple for inexperienced homebrew users! Go to this URL to learn more: [wiibrew.org]
June 13, 2009 10:48PM
thanks so much! Im kinda a slow learner and i have trouble learning things from a list, it helps to actually talk to someone. the reason i didnt get the hbc browser is that i dont have any wifi were i am at but i will download it so when I go to a friend's house, i can get more stuff. thanks again!
and by the way, i found these forums from wiibrew.org so i already know about it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2009 10:49PM by webepoop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login