Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC installed, some apps won't load

Posted by leovaliant 
HBC installed, some apps won't load
June 16, 2009 07:43PM
I thought I'd take it one step at a time and only installed the Homebrew Channel and the Homebrew Browser on my 4.0 wii. Everything seemed to install correctly, but some apps won't load through the Homebrew Browser. I noticed that the apps that won't load don't have the SD/SDHC icon in the Homebrew Browser, but the ones that do work have the icon. How does one get the other apps to load if they don't support SD/SDHC?
Re: HBC installed, some apps won't load
June 16, 2009 08:05PM
No apps load in the Homebrew Browser. They load in Homebrew Channel. Homebrew Browser simply installs them. Assuming you simply made a mistake writing your post, what happens when you try to launch the homebrew from the Homebrew Channel? Also, are you sure they are downloading right from Homebrew Browser if that's how you're installing them? Check they are all in the right locations on your SD Card. You should know how to set up SD Card correctly for homebrew if you "installed" homebrew browser (it really annoys me when people tell us they installed a homebrew, when actually it isn't installed, just put on SD Card, then loaded; the only things installed are HBC, DVDx, BootMii and one or two other, less legal, things).
June 16, 2009 10:40PM
Sorry about that, it should read "some apps won't load that I've downloaded through the Homebrew Browser."

HBC launches with all the apps listed that I've DL through HBB. Several work, several don't.

For instance the game LPairs flashes some errors when loading and kicks me back to the HBC. the first error says "couldn't find gfx/back.bmp to get its length" The folder structure looks fine on the SD Card, and the file gfx/back.bmp is there.

I just tried using a different SD Card with no success. Am I wrong to assume that all the apps DL with HBB, while may be buggy, will at least load? Just what does it mean when there is no SD/SDHC support for an app? I've googled around and can't find an answer.
June 16, 2009 10:53PM
Hmm, that is odd. Try manually downloading the homebrew from WiiBrew. See if that helps. And I don't know what the no support for SD/SDHC cards means. Maybe you can't save? I dunno...

Oh, and dont worry about the install/download terminology problem - just I'm a freak who hates it when people say stuff slightly wrong ;)
June 16, 2009 10:57PM
Hm. Its possible some apps may have problems running with HBC 1.0.3 I'd appreciate if you could tell me everything that doesn't work that you've downloaded and installed via the HBB
August 23, 2009 12:07AM
Hi there,
and sorry for digging out this rather old thread.

leovaliant
For instance the game LPairs flashes some errors when loading and kicks me back to the HBC. the first error says "couldn't find gfx/back.bmp to get its length" The folder structure looks fine on the SD Card, and the file gfx/back.bmp is there.

I found I have the same issue here, and I had a quick look at the sources.

Just in case there's a programmer around: I found there's a define called "SRC_DIR", which is used to complete the path where LPairs looks for game data like graphics etc. Unfortunately, this define is never set, so it's empty. So I'd guess it will look exactly at "gfx/back.bmp". Not "/gfx/back.bmp", not "./gfx/back.bmp". If my guess is true I wonder how it can run anywhere.

Unfortunately I have neither access to X11 nor SDL, so I'm unable to fix this.
August 23, 2009 12:13AM
See if the apps load with loadmii. (you can get it in the HBB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login