Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Everything WORKS. Except...

Posted by PiePersonOfDOOM 
Everything WORKS. Except...
June 19, 2009 04:18AM
All my apps are too big! Meaning, when I go to an app, it always stretches out too far for my screen. It's not too far, but if there's dialog at the top or bottom of the screen, I can't read some of it. (i.e. Metroid Fusion intro) I don't have any special TV, no HD or anything. It's a normal old Magnavox TV with regular old RCA input.
Everything else doesn't do that, I don't know why this does.

Anyway, since I'm new to Wii homebrew, I suppose I should put this here, if not, mods can always move it :s
Thanks for your help!
Re: Everything WORKS. Except...
June 19, 2009 05:44AM
I have the same problem. Try adjusting your TV by moving the viewable area up and down.
June 19, 2009 06:10AM
Zack
I have the same problem. Try adjusting your TV by moving the viewable area up and down.
That wouldn't work, since it stretches from all sides.
And besides, it can't be my TV's problem, it doesn't do it with anything else. :s
June 19, 2009 09:30AM
Maybe it does stretch everything and you just haven't noticed before? Just saying it's hard to notice those kinds of things until you notice something important has been cut out. Most TV shows don't actually need the whole screen, you're good with much less, so overscanning is a normal thing...right? Or am I talking out my rear?
June 19, 2009 01:50PM
TV scanning settings checks are not impemented in libogc, I think. That means, there are no ways to fix it except that changing tour TV setting or implement it in libogc and recompile all the apps you want to use with the new libogc.
June 19, 2009 02:29PM
If this is a VBA GX issue, change the stretch/scaling options in the video settings until you find something preferable.
June 19, 2009 04:35PM
alainvey
If this is a VBA GX issue, change the stretch/scaling options in the video settings until you find something preferable.

It's an issue with all my apps.
June 19, 2009 06:15PM
PiePersonOfDOOM
alainvey

It's an issue with all my apps.
Please list "all"
June 20, 2009 07:52AM
Umm... Still Alive Wii, Quake 1 port, VBA GX, Guitarfun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login