Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

which firmware is best for banner bomber

Posted by paul26982 
which firmware is best for banner bomber
June 20, 2009 09:36AM
sorry for the noob questions just been a while now since i planned to mod my wii due to health problems, and im more of a ps3 fan boy

as title which is the best firmare to install banner bomber, also will this allow me to use lots of different channels etc, and which channel do i also need to bypass future updates thanks.
Re: which firmware is best for banner bomber
June 20, 2009 12:26PM
BannerBomb doesn't require any specific firmware

BannerBomb website
compatible (in theory) with 3.x-4.0

I have menu version 2.x, is this compatible?
Not yet.

there is no "Channel to bypass future updates". if a popup apears on your wii asking you to update, just hit no.
June 20, 2009 06:46PM
Lol "health problems" and "ps3 fanboy" in the same sentence. Makes it sound like being a PS3 fanboy is a disease :-P. I know that wasn't your intention.

To avoid future updates after the Homebrew Channel is installed, run GeckoOS to avoid any superfluous updates, it will only install specific IOSes to run the game, not do a full system update. BTW 3.2 is the best firmware for running homebrew, but you can do almost anything with 3.4 and 4.0, so if you're at 3.2 stay there, but if you're on 3.4, go ahead and go to 4.0. That seems to be the consensus around here.
June 21, 2009 09:12AM
thanks for the reply, the wi is currently on 3.1E, also whats the differences in what you can do between 3.2 and 4
June 21, 2009 09:47AM
3.2: best software for wii. all homebrew runs on it. Wii shop channel doesn't works on "virgin" 3.2, but can be seperatly updated to re-allow useage
4.0: current software runs on it. not all homebrew runs on it. allows launching of VC and WiiWare from SD card.

DO NOT USE WANINKOKO'S 4.0 UPDATER!
it may brick (wreck) your wii

EDIT: installing
3.2: Configure your wi-fi (if you have it), say no to the update, and use AnyRegionChanger to install your Sys menu region of 3.2
4.0: Configure your wi-fi and say yes to the update

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 09:51AM by metroid_maniac.
June 21, 2009 10:17AM
thanx, from what i have read alot of people are going too 4
June 21, 2009 01:22PM
I'd advise you use AnyRegion Changer to go to 3.2, and then use WiiSCU to allow you to go on Shop Channel. If you do decide to go to 4.0, first use tona's patchmii cIOS installer, then when you upgrade, you can use WAD Manager to downgrade IOS 36 so you can do pretty much anything on 4.0.
June 21, 2009 03:34PM
metroid_maniac
3.2: best software for wii. all homebrew runs on it. Wii shop channel doesn't works on "virgin" 3.2, but can be seperatly updated to re-allow useage
You could say the exact same thing for 3.1 The only real advantage for 3.2 is that its the last legitimate update before Nintendo started trying to block homebrew. So you get updated IOSs and such by going on it.
June 21, 2009 05:22PM
right so how do i change to 3.2 now then, also will i have to do the twilight hack for 3.2
June 21, 2009 05:25PM
don't bother anyway, as arikado said. Banner bomb works on 3.x-4.0, so don't bother with twilight hack
June 21, 2009 05:32PM
If you want to change to 3.2, just run AnyRegion Changer, but dont change any region settings, just hit Go. But as stated above, there is no real need to upgrade. Unless you want preloader with hacks, because hacks are only available for 3.2 and 4.0, not 3.1. But otherwise stay where you are.
June 21, 2009 05:36PM
SifJar
If you want to change to 3.2, just run AnyRegion Changer, but dont change any region settings, just hit Go. But as stated above, there is no real need to upgrade. Unless you want preloader with hacks, because hacks are only available for 3.2 and 4.0, not 3.1. But otherwise stay where you are.
wow, just trying to take so much in, you lot have alot of patiants with me, thanks so much, so can you quickly type what to do, what firmware etc is recomended and if or not to use banner bomber
June 21, 2009 05:37PM
''Preloader is a system hack for the Wii that allows you to automatically load the HBC when you start up your Wii. ...''

id think also thats somthing id need and is very usfull
June 21, 2009 05:48PM
Bootmii lets you automatically load the HBC when you start your wii. this is a handy guide between the two.

EDIT: you can instal both at once, if you wish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 05:49PM by metroid_maniac.
June 21, 2009 05:58PM
pre loader looks the better one then if im right
June 21, 2009 06:10PM
install both, like I did. Bootmii is good for Brick protection, but preloader is based around menu haxx. install bootmii first, preloader is more risky
June 21, 2009 06:16PM
so boot mii first and then pre loader, should i just update to version 4 then with banner bomber
June 21, 2009 06:20PM
We'd recommend sticking with 3.2 and not 4.0 since you're on 3.1 right now. Bootmii and Preloader may look similar, but actually do two different things.

If you're feeling a little overwhelmed, I would just stick to installing the Homebrew Channel and then running AnyRegion changer to update to 3.2, and lastly WiiSCU (Wii System Channel Updater) to update the channels that probably aren't working right now (particularly the Wii Shop Channel).
June 21, 2009 06:20PM
install bootmii, then 4.0 or 3.2 (for preloader) then preloader. installing some updates overwrites preloader. (so far there have been no updates to boot2, where bootmii resides. therefore it will not be overwritten by a "normal update" but not a "targeted attack")
June 21, 2009 06:27PM
right i got you, when refering to the HBC does this mean the twilight hack or banner bomber (are either classed as Home brew channel) or just the twilight hack
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login