Questions for next time so i wont brick
June 22, 2009 06:02PM
If I get a new Wii, then I won't have a modchip in it. Can I install the hackmii installer, which then I can have bootmii and HBC.
My question is, will i still be able to backup the nand, and restore, since i dont' have a modchip. What are the cons of not having the modchip?

And can I play backups without the modchip? Is it slower?

Hmm also are there any other wads or programs needed to be installed to prevent bricks.
Re: Questions for next time so i wont brick
June 22, 2009 06:06PM
Judas543
Can I install the hackmii installer, which then I can have bootmii and HBC.
My question is, will i still be able to backup the nand, and restore, since i dont' have a modchip. What are the cons of not having the modchip?
Yes to everything. There are no cons, only pros to not having a mod chip.

Judas543
And can I play backups without the modchip? Is it slower?
No backup discussion on our site, kthnx.

Judas543
Hmm also are there any other wads or programs needed to be installed to prevent bricks.
No. And no WAD discussion on our site either, kthnx.
June 22, 2009 06:13PM
ahh srry, but thanks for the other information
June 22, 2009 06:45PM
I'll add that if you get a new Wii, you probably won't have a vulnerable boot2 for Bootmii, so you could only have some brick protection, but not full.
June 22, 2009 07:00PM
but buying a new wii will mean it probably wont have vulnerable boot1, so you can't install bootmii as boot2, so you wont have proper brick protection.
June 23, 2009 09:47PM
is there a way to find out if the wii can do boot2 or not? Like the certain serial on the back?
June 24, 2009 03:15AM
The best option is to just load the Hackmii installer and it'll tell you if the install is possible. There's also a boot1 checker out there somewhere.
June 24, 2009 02:10PM
Judas543
is there a way to find out if the wii can do boot2 or not? Like the certain serial on the back?
If your serial number has LU64 ... you should have the new boot1.

However,

[Insert Kage's comment]
June 24, 2009 07:53PM
yeah, just run the HackMii installer, but if you haven't bought the Wii yet, see above. But depending on country that's different. I think thats the USA serial. But if it isn't bought yet it WILL have invulnerable boot1, therefore BootMii can't be installed as boot2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login