Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clarifying a few points

Posted by devin122 
Clarifying a few points
June 24, 2009 11:49PM
Ok so I just need some clarification points on some beginner questions.(some are written as questions and some as statements)

Background info:
I have a Wii running 3.2U and i recently used bannerbomb to install hbc.

Bootmii - Everything I have read says that I want to install this and that I want to install this as boot2.

SDHC - I know that system menu 4.0 supports SDHC but can it also be supported on an application level (eg. I keep 3.2 but use SDHC cards within certain homebrew)

Updates - From what I understand updating my system will not get rid of the HBC etc. (so far). Is there any reason for me to update? SDHC support in the system menu would be nice but from what Ive gathered 3.2 is a good place to be.

Thanks
Re: Clarifying a few points
June 24, 2009 11:55PM
devin122
Bootmii - Everything I have read says that I want to install this and that I want to install this as boot2.

Yes.

devin122
SDHC - I know that system menu 4.0 supports SDHC but can it also be supported on an application level (eg. I keep 3.2 but use SDHC cards within certain homebrew)

AFAIK, yes.

devin122
Updates - From what I understand updating my system will not get rid of the HBC etc. (so far). Is there any reason for me to update? SDHC support in the system menu would be nice but from what Ive gathered 3.2 is a good place to be.

The only good reason to update would be for SDHC support. Unless you're really desperate, it would be good to stay on 3.2.

Hope that helps. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 11:55PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 25, 2009 12:07AM
Thanks for the response.

WaxyPumpkin72
The only good reason to update would be for SDHC support. Unless you're really desperate, it would be good to stay on 3.2.

Ya, that's pretty much what I figured.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 12:08AM by devin122.
June 25, 2009 12:09AM
Your welcome!! :D
June 25, 2009 02:12AM
devin122
I know that system menu 4.0 supports SDHC but can it also be supported on an application level

AFAIK SDHC support is only on an appliaction level. The system menu is an application.
Old applications and old Wii games can't handle SDHC
June 25, 2009 05:35PM
Yes you're correct. SDHC support was available AGES ago in homebrew afaik, and was added in the latest few versions of HBC. Only the system menu supports it on 4.0, i.e. you can move channels and saves to and from SDHC, but games with SD support DON'T have SDHC support, only new games will be able to have that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login