Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All i get is bubbles

Posted by homer3472 
Re: All i get is bubbles
June 28, 2009 12:04AM
i.e above system menu 3.3v1? yeah i know, hence i said it....
July 01, 2009 04:26AM
Read through this all and I can't find a proper solution for the same problem.....
July 01, 2009 10:12AM
Tehman
Read through this all and I can't find a proper solution for the same problem.....

The proper solution is to setup your SD card right. It's really simple. Make a folder called "apps". Inside that folder, make a new folder for each homebrew you want. Let's say for example Homebrew Browser. Make a folder called "Homebrew Browser". Download Homebrew Browser from WiiBrew.org, and take the .dol file, rename it boot.dol if it isn't already called that and put it in the Homebrew Browser folder. The location of this file should now be X:/apps/Homebrew Browser/boot.dol, where X is the letter of your SD Card. You can also put a meta.xml and an icon.png in the homebrew browser folder, and you must also put any extra files from the homebrew you're trying to use in it's folder. This all applies for any homebrew, not just homebrew browser, but if you setup homebrew browser, it'll allow you to download homebrew over WiFi diret to you Wii and will set it up for you.
July 01, 2009 02:23PM
Tehman
(Bullshit)
Actually, you didn't have to waste your time. You could've just read the FAQ I wrote (which is also stickied at the top of this forum)
[www.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 02:24PM by Arikado.
July 01, 2009 03:55PM
Once again I have gone through this and have not yielded any results.....

All the apps should be in the root folder right? There are also folders for each app which contain the .dol file for each inside them.....
July 01, 2009 04:00PM
All the apps should be in the apps folder, which should be located at the root of your SD card.
July 01, 2009 04:07PM
no. they should be in the apps folder which is in the root. as i said. and as is in arikado's FAQ. and the .dol file must be named boot.dol. The location of the .dol files should be

X:/apps/{homebrew name}/boot.dol, where X is the letter of your SD Card and {homebrew name} is the name of the homebrew.

Most downloads on WiiBrew.org actually come set up, you just copy the apps folder from the download to the root of the card and it's done. if you still cant do it after this being explained TWICE by me, other times in this thread and in a linked FAQ, how did you manage to get this far?
July 01, 2009 05:02PM
Look this is how I have it set up for the folders.......

They are just like you said to have set up..... (TWICE)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 05:13PM by Tehman.
July 01, 2009 05:10PM
no they're not. root is not a folder. if you properly read my instructions you'd see that the dol file should be at N:/apps/{homebrew name}/boot.dol NOT N:/root/apps/{homebrew name}/boot.dol. root is not a folder. it refers to the topmost place on your card (i.e. you can't go "up" and stay in the card, in this case N:). also, you have several warez stuff on there that aren't supported here. that IOS WAD, WAD Manager and DVD Dumper are all disapproved of here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 05:11PM by SifJar.
July 01, 2009 05:16PM
Yay glad to have doled this out in a friendly and loving manner!

You are now my best friend forever.....

<3 <3 <3<3<3<3<3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login