Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about PSX emulator

Posted by Sam6226 
Question about PSX emulator
June 29, 2009 05:20AM
So i used a PSX emulator and it was a black screen with options,so i explored a bit and then i found out i couldn't exit the app!

So i tried to open the boot.dol for the Homebrew Browser and then i got a ton of weird codes on my screen and there was something called CODE DUMP and it has a lot of codes under it...

So i hard rebooted my Wii and i could go in the HBC and play some Homebrew game...

Was this some sort of brick or it was the contents of the boot.dol?

EDIT:What are those Mcd files?

[i182.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 05:26AM by Sam6226.
Re: Question about PSX emulator
June 29, 2009 05:35AM
So let me get this straight:

You load the PSX emulator from the homebrew channel, and it brings up a menu. What exactly is the problem with that?

You then try to open it (download it??) in the homebrew browser, and you get a code dump?

First of all, make sure you have the latest version of homebrew channel/browser. Also, try taking out any external devices that are plugged into your wii (GC memory cards, GC controllers, USB device, etc.).

Also, try pressing the home button to exit an app. :P
June 29, 2009 05:37AM
No,i was in the emulator's menu and then i tried to open the boot file for the HBB...

EDIT:The emulator is PCSX-Revolution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 05:38AM by Sam6226.
June 29, 2009 01:45PM
Why would you do that?

Anyway, the PSX emulator is an emulator for the Playstation, and is designed to play Playstation images. Since it's at an early stage of development, not everything about its user interface has been completed.

You tried to load a file which the emulator was not expecting, which caused it to crash. A code dump is simply a debugging tool: the error encountered is printed on the screen so some feedback is given as to exactly what went wrong. It is not a brick, but you don't want it to happen in an ideal program.

I imagine the developer has not coded a way of handling users choosing to load inappropriate files yet.

MCD files I'm not so sure about.
June 29, 2009 04:41PM
Thanks!

I was a little worried...
June 29, 2009 06:46PM
Don't bother with PCSX Revolution, use WiiSX instead: [emulatemii.com]
June 30, 2009 02:00AM
Yes, it's absolutely rocking.

Also, the mcd files are memory card files created by the emulator - they store save data.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login