Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disk Channel wants a System Update

Posted by Poiuy 
Disk Channel wants a System Update
June 30, 2009 02:07AM
I come to my Wii 3.4U and it says in bold letters in the icon for Disk Channel 'System Update'

When I open it, it says, 'In order to use this software, you must perform a Wii system update. Select OK to begin the update.' I have tried using WSCU to update everything. But there's nothing to update the Disk Channel. But I still updated everything and it still comes up. What should I do?

Please say if you need more info.

Edit: The only solution I've thought of is to use LIBWiiGameLoad. But that's sorta a hassle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 02:12AM by Poiuy.
Re: Disk Channel wants a System Update
June 30, 2009 02:13AM
All you need to do is launch your game through the gecko os application. By doing this, it will skip the update partition. You can also use this app to boot import games, apply codes to games and channels, and a lot more!

if it asks you to install a certain IOS, let it.

Edit: Why is it a hassle? By the way, what is your system menu version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 02:14AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 30, 2009 02:54AM
There is propably an IOS on the disc, that is not present on your Wii or outdated, and that is also not on NUS.

The Disc Channle itself can not be updated.
(it is propably not even a real channel, just something the system menu displays)

What disc are we talking about anyway.
June 30, 2009 11:42AM
It's probably a random IOS used only by the game
June 30, 2009 05:08PM
Just use Gecko OS to boot the game and it''ll install the missing/outdated IOS for you, then you'll be able to play from the Disc Channel after that. But anyway, if you're on 3.4, you may as well upgrade. It'll only take you to 4.0 at the worst, and there's nothing to lose by being on 4.0 over 3.4. Everything will still work fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login