Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with backing up NAND

Posted by ReDevil 
Trouble with backing up NAND
June 30, 2009 07:12PM
I have managed to install HBC fine on my Wii, and BootMii as boot2. When I start my Wii with the SD card inserted, BootMii menu comes right up. I then goto the icon with the green arrow from the chip to the SD. I click this and it says to hit (a)reset to continue, "nand.bin" will be overwritten. I start this process, but then nothing seems to happen. I have read up quite a bit on his, but to no avail. If I shut off the Wii, and remove the SD, and check it on my computer, there is a "nand.bin" but it is 0 bytes. I am using a SanDisk 2GB SD, formatted as FAT16, with 64k cluster size. So what am I doing wrong?
Re: Trouble with backing up NAND
June 30, 2009 07:53PM
Make sure you don't have any external devices plugged in (GC controllers, GC memory cards, USB stick, etc.), and see if that helps.
June 30, 2009 08:04PM
Nothing plugged in except the SD card.
June 30, 2009 08:06PM
Do you have at least one gb of free space on your SD card?
June 30, 2009 08:15PM
Yeah. Theres at least 1.5GB free. Also I read the SD compatiblity chart, and this card was said to work.
June 30, 2009 08:24PM
Did BootMii say that it found your Wii's keys?
June 30, 2009 08:33PM
No. When should that happen during the process?
June 30, 2009 08:39PM
After you press reset to accept that "nand.bin" will be overwritten, BootMii should find your Wii's keys. After this, I had to wait about a minute before the backup started.
June 30, 2009 08:44PM
No I didnt get anything like that. I hit the reset button when it said to, but then all the words disappear. There is a large grey box in the middle of the screen, a key with what the colored boxes mean, a picture of not to push anything, and BootMii Backup in the lower left. I let it sit for about 30mins and still nothing happened.
June 30, 2009 08:46PM
The same thing happend to me at first, but for some reason it started working all of a sudden one day. I don't know why.....
June 30, 2009 08:59PM
You dont remeber changing anything? I know that homebrew is pretty safe, but I dont want to take any chances.
June 30, 2009 09:47PM
I suppose I'd just try again.
June 30, 2009 09:54PM
Well, the only thing I changed was trying again with a completely blank SD card. You could try that, I guess...
June 30, 2009 11:14PM
I could launch BootMii, pull the SD, clear it, then backup, is that what you mean? Or try a different card all together?
June 30, 2009 11:16PM
ReDevil
I could launch BootMii, pull the SD, clear it, then backup, is that what you mean? Or try a different card all together?

Either way would work fine, i guess. Just make sure to backup the contents of your SD card onto your computer before you try it. :)
July 01, 2009 12:44AM
So I tried starting BootMii with the apps and stuff still on the SD, then when it said to insert a SD for the NAND backup, I took that card and formatted it and put it back in, then started the backup. Still nothing, I let it sit for 20mins with nothing happening. This is really getting frustrating...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 12:45AM by ReDevil.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login